New carpet for my Lund

srharrison

Recruit
A newbie here hope I have posted in the correct forum . I would like to replace with the same carpet that it came with .The boat is a 1996 Lund pro v and has dark green .I don't know if it would be called forest green or hunter green . I already got in touch with Lund directly and they got back and said they don't sell carpet anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iboats

Unless Lund can give you the manufacturer name, product id#, and color code, you are going to have a heck of a time getting a perfect match.
Then you need to hope the manufacturer is still making the same carpet, and using the same dyes.

Most marine or auto upholstery shops will give you a sample, there are a bunch of shops online.

Make sure you are getting marine grade carpet.

I stopped using carpet about 10 years ago, and prefer the vinyl option, there are many good ones to choose from.

Last edited:

srharrison

Recruit
Roscoe I was thinking about going the same route . Been looking online and really didn't have a clue which one would work for me . So I was just going back to carpet since it has lasted 20 years + . My boat is only used for fishing . Could you throw me a few examples please.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I'v used Nautolex, and Dorsett, which are very similar.

AquaTread comes in printed patterns, like woodgrain.
there is MariDeck too.

I don't recall ever seeing any in a green color though.

If you are going to have exposed edges, you will want to add a trim strip, for looks and to secure the edge.
Best if you can wrap the flooring around to the bottom.

Depending on your boat model, it may be easier and look better to replace with carpet.
I guess it depends on how important looks are to you.

I for one, don't ever want carpet in my boat to get grungy and soak up the northern pike slime.

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Before making the plunge take a sharp pick and probe your sub floor for rot. If your floor is dying you may find your carpets literally holding everything together. Yo wont be installing new carpet on a rotted floor.

If your floors fine id rip every piece of carpet out and replace it with Marine Vinyl like Nautolex or similar. Pick a lighter color if you boat in hot weather dark colors can play hell on bare feet when 100 degree sun is on it but the lighter colors are not bad.

If your fixed on carpet find an uhpolstery shop like Perfect Fit MC Donald Douglas or similar and see what they can get to match most will have a plethora of colors to go with and usually will make you a deal on quantities often needed for a boat. They also sell marine vinyl flooring as well.

srharrison

Recruit
Thanks guys will check out the web sites you recommended and yes the reason for replacing carpet is that the wood was soft around the live wells . Thanks again