Anyone know how I can find the OEM color name for the vinyl used for the interior?

garrett113

Seaman
Anyone know how I can find the OEM color name for the vinyl used for the interior?

Hello all,
I am doing some seat cushion repairs for a friend and I'm having difficulty matching the colors to something in my sample books. The boat is a 1996 Four Winns 220 Horizon DLX with White, Green and Taupe interior. I've looked at some online spec and option sheets but still cant find the color name. The reason I'm looking for the color name in the first place, Amazon/ Ebay/ Great Lake Skipperrs have some Four Winns OEM vinyl by color name.I'm thinking this may be my best option but am nervous about ordering material unseen.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Garrett

tpenfield

Staff member
According to their catalogs, the vinyl brand is referred to as "Aquaflex" . . . not sure that helps much, as it does not come up with much by Googling.

Other boat companies use "Nautolex" vinyl, and you may be able to get a close match in that brand, if you strike out with Aquaflex.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I haven't had much luck ordering anything sight unseen. I would want to see it for myself, especially to colour match. Don't forget that even a OEM colour may not match because the original 22 year old stuff on the boat may be faded by now.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its one of the large OEM vinyl suppliers

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Good to know Scott thanks. I need to check to see if they have Canadian dealers, unless you know Scott.

tpenfield

Staff member
Also, if you Google "Four Winns Vinyl" there are a few things that come up. Great Lakes Skipper has some of the colors and some are listed on eBay. Maybe those will help.

Jerry200LX

Seaman Apprentice
To add to the confusion, Morbern is also a big time supplier of OEM vinyl. Around 10 years ago they had a sample chart that was called "OEM Vinyl Collection". It has been done away with now and the samples are in their regular sample charts under different names. Another thing you've got to look at also is not only matching the color but also the vinyl pattern, whether it be a slick surface or grainy surface.

​Someone mentioned the vinyl being Aquaflex. I cannot find that available through normal suppliers and might be proprietary to Four Winns. Your best bet is to contact Four Winns with the hull number and boat model. They might still have records for what was original to the boat. If you're lucky, they might still have stocks of that vinyl and can get it from them direct.