1972 Riviera questions

gsigna69

Recruit
I just came across a 1972 Riviera and I cannot find ANY information on this particular boat. The model number is 190C. There are no seats, the floor on the driver side needs to be replaced, and it has been striped of all of the chrome railing. I cannot find any pics on this model because all the returns gives me the Buick Riviera. Does ANYONE know anything about Riviera back in the 70's or can get me some pics so I know how to rebuild this thing? This is my first boat and I really want to restore it.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I can't help you unfortunately at this point. Yep,every conceivable Google search all come back as Buick Riviera Boat tails. Post 3 more times and then you can put pics on here of what you have for all to see. Can you imagine what guys went through trying to get info for anything really pre Internet? I remember and it wasn't easy. Sometimes it just isn't worth the time, effort and money to put something back into exact original condition. That's why many car and boat guys are doing restomods now. Modern power plants and electrics etc. while maintaining the classic look.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
... 1972 ..., the floor on the driver side needs to be replaced, and it has been striped of all of the chrome railing. ...rebuild this thing? This is my first boat and I really want to restore it.

suggest you find out what else that floor thing means needing to be replaced before you think too much further - take a look at some rebuilds here that start with - oh it just needs a new floor

gsigna69

Recruit
I can't help you unfortunately at this point. Yep,every conceivable Google search all come back as Buick Riviera Boat tails. Post 3 more times and then you can put pics on here of what you have for all to see. Can you imagine what guys went through trying to get info for anything really pre Internet? I remember and it wasn't easy. Sometimes it just isn't worth the time, effort and money to put something back into exact original condition. That's why many car and boat guys are doing restomods now. Modern power plants and electrics etc. while maintaining the classic look.

Yeah, I'm not looking to restore to original, will update everything

gsigna69

Recruit
suggest you find out what else that floor thing means needing to be replaced before you think too much further - take a look at some rebuilds here that start with - oh it just needs a new floor

Thanks for the info