Boat flooring ideas

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Im tinkering with flooring to protect my new boats deck coating not to mention its slick when wet. Biggest use for this boat will be diving so theres heavy metal objects being flung around a lot. The boat came with a snap in fiberous material . The material is actually pretty nice but I hate snaps. What little use it saw this fall we broke two snaps and I had the material out of the boat for most of its use while installing things bare snaps are hard on bare feet. I would not have ordered the boat with this but it was packaged with it when I bought it.

One of the materials im looking at is Dri Dek snap or snap and glue in tiles. The reviews are mixed, things that make me question its use in my boat are bare feet and kneeling on it. People said its not the softest flooring. The other concern there are two fish boxes and one large storage compartment in the deck how to keep the tiles in place when opening them ?

Another is the rubberized teak like or type flooring the concerns ive come up with here are how does it clean up from blood and guts and does it stick to the the gel coat so hard that it will destroy the coating if it has to be replaced down the road. Ive been on boats at boats shows with it and liked it but never been on a boat in the real world to know.

Are there other options I have not found

I think I?ve finished the cover heres a couple photos of it. I say think I may ad a cover for the anchor that either Velcro?s to the cover with a draw string so water doesnt creep in when its really raining here but thought id wait and see if any does get in in this spot. If your thinking about making a cover similar to this one I have a ton of tips. There were a lot of videos on making boat covers, but there were none for a T Top short of how it goes on after its made. Its funny I have almost no pictures of my boat yet. Shopped for a few years and really wanted this boat. I guess its hard to take pictures of a boat your either driving or working on though.

Attachments

• D8D82002-65CF-43EF-80EA-6C790AB4E69B.jpeg
    D8D82002-65CF-43EF-80EA-6C790AB4E69B.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F4034E46-5CD2-44E9-A43B-4B7CB727D810.jpeg
    F4034E46-5CD2-44E9-A43B-4B7CB727D810.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 0
  • 2092BBFD-7318-4608-A095-135F4F4B1AB7.jpeg
    2092BBFD-7318-4608-A095-135F4F4B1AB7.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You could try a spray on urethane coating like a pickup bed liner. It gives a waterproof textured finish that is quite permanent and you can add grit to it to help it be even more non-slip.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
I have dozens of duck hunters with Rhino lined boats and quite a few fishermen...works great!!!!