Worth the frying pan

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Hey never implied I was a smart person...

Went to look at it last night; solid boat claims no leaks. He is like me (us) and has two other boats - a 28' cruiser and just just purchased CC 16' - which is why this one has no motor he took the 60hp Yamaha and put on the CC. Floor all good, carpet ok, seats great shape. Transom only had one set of motor holes and the wood looks / feels solid.

The problem for me is the splash well (one small crack) is so big that the usable space is about the same as my one foot shorter Lone Star - other than the small open bow so not sure I'm gaining what I really want.

The next problem is overnight he dropped his asking to $800 so if I offer $500 and he accepts I think I have to do it?

oldrem

Commander
Wife just asked "why do you need a 3rd boat?" when I left to look at a 1977 Sylvan Sea Monster on Sunday. Couldn't pass it up when I was able to negotiate it down to $350 including trailer and 40hp Evinrude, plus bow mount electric motor. I needed another project like I need more holes in my head but going to give it a go. :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
dam nice price to include a motor tho'...

so a random connections of sorts.

Went and looked at this one last night, got to talking to dude who has a few boats like me and turns out his brother just picked up a carver. I give dude my business card and this morning on FB i have a new friend request and sure as **** it is the exact same Carver as mine. He live is Shelbyville about 45 min from here. They only made the boat for a couple years so pretty 'rare' model.

oldrem

Commander
dam nice price to include a motor tho'...

so a random connections of sorts.

Went and looked at this one last night, got to talking to dude who has a few boats like me and turns out his brother just picked up a carver. I give dude my business card and this morning on FB i have a new friend request and sure as **** it is the exact same Carver as mine. He live is Shelbyville about 45 min from here. They only made the boat for a couple years so pretty 'rare' model.

This was our old gal

yknotagain1.jpg

briangcc

Commander
I've been trying the same with my admiral. I've been using the line "It's for the boys to learn to drive so they don't mess up our good boat". I only get glares right now so you might be ok if that's your situation?? But duck just in case :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well I told him I was passing on the deal even called a few friends of mine that might have been interested. I even put it on FB so my wife would see that I was NOT going to buy another. Then he took another $100 off and she just told me buy the damn thing.

So - please keep any eye out for some power. I think it is 90 hp, wouldn't mind to put twins on instead of a main and a kicker. Then I'll need a bow mount trolling motor and I'll be set.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
This was our old gal

early 70's?

the Carver website used to have lots of historical stuff on it a couple years back but all gone now. I got all the lit avail for mine a the time.

Can we upload pdf's and stuff here?

oldrem

Commander
early 70's?

the Carver website used to have lots of historical stuff on it a couple years back but all gone now. I got all the lit avail for mine a the time.

Can we upload pdf's and stuff here?

yep, 1972 and was solid as a rock except for some of the wood. I replaced the cabin roof the first year we had it and refinished all the Teak. We loved that boat, but had to give it up due to financial issues about 15 years ago.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
well I told him I was passing on the deal even called a few friends of mine that might have been interested. I even put it on FB so my wife would see that I was NOT going to buy another. Then he took another $100 off and she just told me buy the damn thing.

That took all the fun out of it. You got approval from the Admiralty! :D

Time for a Starmada membership vote. After pics of her in your driveway, of course.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah but this one shr specifically said no more. Used to be the glare accompanied with do whatever you want. But at $500 she agreed.

She in the drivway a bit dark I'll post up in the morning.