Worth the frying pan

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
offer them $600.....then buy a helmet because your admiral will take frying pan to your melon.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Iwas going in at 500, with just 700 in my pocket. Wife just flew out to socal for the week so have time to hide.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Admiral should be happy your pursuits are that cheap...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ask her if she,d rather have you spend the money on a gf,lol.Looks like a nice boat actually.Look at my ss160,my friends smokercraft and that boat and you would think they came off the same assembly line with a couple of minor diffs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Ask her if she,d rather have you spend the money on a gf,lol.Looks like a nice boat actually.Look at my ss160,my friends smokercraft and that boat and you would think they came off the same assembly line with a couple of minor diffs.

the hulls did

82rude

Rear Admiral
The only diff between my ss and my friends smokercraft is my boat is 2 inches wider, other than that their twins.

roffey

Commander
k, here's what you do. When I buy tools for my work shop, I don't mention it anyone. After a week or two if I get asked where it came from or when I bought it I just say I got it a while back.

So you get the boat and store it at your buddy's barn. Wait for a snow storm and park it in the drive way just before it starts to blow really hard. In the morning when your wife asks when you got the boat just say, oh that old thing I got it a while back and act like its been in the drive way for months, lol.

... maybe hide the fry pan for a bit as well cause its never really work for me yet.

Last edited:

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
How well does that work for you :) Years ago I bought a gun had to buy it colt 44 mag anaconda. I bring it home and am attempting to hide it in my bedroom until I can open the safe without getting busted. Im telling you i walked in went straight to the bedroom wasnt in the house half a minute. My middle son comes in hes about 8 or 10 at the time he was like a barracuda looking for something shiny ready to strike. Before I had it in a drawer hes screaming mom come look at the cool new gun dad just got. You cant think the phrase busted any louder or faster in your head. I guess thats what I get for making him wear his older brothers hand me downs huh. My brother in law had a philosophy always make sure what ever new project you have to do for the wife requires you to aquire one new tool that you want. It actually works pretty good. Unless you get tired of constantly taking on more projects.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Times a wasting, Joe. The Admiral will be back before ya know it, then what? :fish:

I'll call for a vote about you joining the Starmada because the boat was built under the Starcraft umbrella. :smile:

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I assume you have owned a riveted boat before?? I did and lots of little leaks.Never got all of them to stop leaking.I would throw a garden hose in it and fill the bilge to see how much dripping you have

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Talked to the Admiral and she likes the auto feature, and also knows I like the pretty lights :D , so think I'm going with the Auto Pro

See how that works, Joe? Put some flashing lights on the Mirrocraft before the wife gets back.

BTW - Quote from AD's tab thread.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I've been busted a few times myself. "Unauthorized major purchase" is the charge. I've tried a few things like "You won't believe it but Ted gave me this new powerwasher." Babe someone parked their Harley in the garage!." It doesn't work. With the new Admiral for the past 25 years we have an agreement, if it's in the budget go for it. It makes me really think twice before I buy something for the boat or the truck. I always say it's safety related like a new big screen GPS/Sonar combo and the aggressive tires for the Silverado. It is strange though new furniture, area rugs, towels, bedding, and decorating stuff is always in the budget, always never a question.

That well priced barge looks so similar to the SC we rebuilt in the winter of 15/16. Then Mr. Georgia pointed out that it is basically a StarCraft. We turned it into a centre council, I didn't enter it in the SC rebuild contest because some things were just done wrong per the cheap owner and hardheaded Newfie buddy.

I'll tell you what Joe, if you don't jump on it someone will, soon. I wouldn't go above $700.00 though.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
See how that works, Joe? Put some flashing lights on the Mirrocraft before the wife gets back.

BTW - Quote from AD's tab thread.

brilliant_a_Horrable_funny_prank-s580x434-205466.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I assume you have owned a riveted boat before?? I did and lots of little leaks.Never got all of them to stop leaking.I would throw a garden hose in it and fill the bilge to see how much dripping you have

yup, my little boat is a 64 Lone Star and if you look at the pics of this one it has what appears to be globs of stuff below the bow eye - that's where mine leaks a bit mostly when under way. Sitting it barely takes on anything so I just hit the pump a couple times per day.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Fasco works great for sealing leaky rivets and seams.Cheaper than gluvit but same type material.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Looks pretty solid,and he has two other boats currently. What work he did on it is golden.

I'm gonna get in trouble if i get caught

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We men can be deviously sneaky sometimes. The best way to keep a secret is to put it out on the Internet for several million people to see.