Help ID an older 14ft aluminum boat

Ddangelo04

Recruit
I have the same question - HELP with the identification of an aluminum boat I purchased. It looks old - or at least older and I took out all the add-ons that had been installed - (two wooden seats). I got most of the paint off the boat so I've gotten real close to every square inch of this boat and found not identifying markings. It also had a rotten transom, so I took it out too - or what was left of it. It gave no clues either.

​I read I needed to make 3 posts before I can upload pictures, so given I'm new new to this site... I'll need to make a couple more posts before I can upload pictures and hopefully from there someone smarter than I can help identify this boat. It is what I would consider to be a 14' by 4' aluminum boat. It had some kind of a back seat, but I can't make out what it would have looked like given what is left. Someone added to a piece of aluminum, wooden pieces to make a seat, but they made it more forward that what I think it originally had. Ultimately, I would like to restore to original condition.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

what does the paperwork you got with the boat say it is (title or registration)?

shrew

Lieutenant
Why??

It's a used aluminum utility boat. What would knowing whether it is a Grumman, Alumacraft, Starcraft or Kingfisher do for you?

Ddangelo04

Recruit
All I have is a proof of purchase. I don't have a title or anything like that as it belonged to an old guy with a pond who had it before the guy I bought if from who never really used it. As soon as I'm allowed I'll send pictures.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Why??

It's a used aluminum utility boat. What would knowing whether it is a Grumman, Alumacraft, Starcraft or Kingfisher do for you?

If it was my boat I'd want to know what it is, let's be a little nicer........

Welcome to the forum Ddangelo04!