Bimini Top Hardware

Cortes100

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking for a couple fittings for my Bimini topper. Figured it would be simple but turning into no where to be found.
On the ends of the posts, there is a thing called an "Eye end". There seem to be hundreds of variations but they all seem to have one thing in common. The little ear thing is always in the center, like these I pulled off google.
I want one where the eyelet/ear part is off set to one side. Do they exist??

Attachments

• photo279555.jpg
    photo279555.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 0

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I haven't seen one that the ear is offset to one side. Why does it have to be offset? Try posting a photo of what you are trying to accomplish.

Maclin

Admiral
The mounts can be offset, even hinged, I believe you will find the the mounting is where your needed offset will be addressed. Lots of options.

Here is just on example, it mounts to a rounded windshield frame rail, and is offset and hinges...

bimini deck hinge swivel mount SS.jpg

Cortes100

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm trying to improve on the factory installation.. Changing the mounting point is not really an option, since I am not drilling more holes.
The back supports have a telescopic pole which can be lowered, to like half mast. I assume it's like that so when driving down the highway, it's not in the full up position. What I want to do is lay the whole assembly down onto the sunpad while traveling down the road. This way it won't catch wind/bugs, etc. However, when I lay it down, the front pole rubs/binds on a couple cover snaps. All I need is 1/8" to clear, so an offset end would be such an easy fix.

joeanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I replaced mine with new poles and needed special ones also, I looked for a while and ended up just making custom ones out of aluminum, btw, is there enough room to add a second holes perhaps?? or even add a larger hole to plug that existing one a redrill off-center.

Last edited: