Throttle cable - 1998 PALM BEACH WHITECAP 187CC - Throttle cable

Sallovessnook

Recruit
I need to replace the Throttle cables on by 1998 Palm Beach 187CC Whitecap. I am trying to make it a one day job. Can anyone tell me the length of the cables I would order?

Sallovessnook

Recruit
I can measure the old ones. however that is why I stated that I am trying to make this a one day job. Have the right cables with me when I take out the old ones. otherwise it would be one day to take them out, measure them, order them and wait a week then install. I want to rip them out and install the new ones all in the same day.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Read the bottom of this page on how to measure or examine the ends of the cables for the part number (last 2 digits are often the length) or do the one day job with a 1 week gap between starting and finishing.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,... The make of yer boat is kinda irrelevant to yer question, but the make of the motor, year, n horsepower is very, Very important, as well as the make, 'n model of the controller,......

'n 2 sister hulls won't necessarily have the same length cables, which is why ya gotta measure what you got,....
We All wish workin' on boats was easy, but it ain't,....

Sallovessnook

Recruit
The engine on my PB Whitecap is 1999 EVINRUDE 150 Hp E150FCXEE. I am hoping the model number will help.