1975 aristo craft 19

markrohrer

Cadet
Hello all I have a 75 aristo craft 19 with 120 in board, has a stern drive and I'm looking for trim cylinders,new to this boat stuff so didn't no if all cylinders the same or not.

southkogs

Staff member
Not all of them do. What drive do you have on it? If you're not sure, pictures will help us figure it out.

Welcome aboard.

southkogs

Staff member
I don't know the Alphas were out in '75 - but I am not a well versed Mercruiser dude. Got any photos?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not an A1, your 75 is about 10 years before they came out.

You need to find your serial number on the drive unit and motor. You should post your questions in the mercruiser section. Buying new rams to throw parts at a problem is not a good idea they are spendy as is the trim pump. Repair kits are cheap if the rams are leaking.

markrohrer

Cadet
working on getting numbers,i am at work thank you and the other post was tell I do not have any trim rams to rebuild

ziggy

Admiral
i'm assuming ya don't have an omc drive. which you could have as AristoCraft did have some of their boats w/omc.
if ya got the normal AristoCraft set up. ya should have a mercruiser mc-1 drive.
sounds like ya don't have any trim rams. assuming they are just gone for whatever reason.
here's about the only thing i can find. ebay of course.
maybe that will help. to bad they only have one though. but it would be a starting point.
these look like what i have on my mc-1. but i'd do further research prior to bidding to be sure it's exactly what ya want. go to mercrusierparts.com. they will have oem part numbers for ya.

markrohrer

Cadet
What is the difference between trim cylinders from a 85 bayliner with omc to what I need?? will they work?? just asking I know the lines go in at different spots but is that all

southkogs

Staff member
85 OMC would be a Stringer, with hydraulic trim at the front of the engine (if it has a pump / cylinder). Mercruiser has had rams on the drive itself.

markrohrer

Cadet
No Title

here are pictures of what I am trying to find trim cylinders for

Attachments

• photo279841.jpg
    photo279841.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • photo279842.jpg
    photo279842.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1

ziggy

Admiral
you got what i got. a mercruiser mc-1 drive.
you also have more troubles than just the trim cyl. assembly. you need the ft pin anchor too. unless ya got it and just don't have it in the pic.
both them parts. item 8 & 9 are nla.
the parts break down for the trim system.
maybe ya can find an old skow on the craigs list with an mc-1 drive on it and use it for parts?????