Drink holder suggestions?

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer
I'm looking for suggestions on drink holders for the rear seats in my 1972 runabout. I don't want to mount anything, rather I was thinking that perhaps I could either buy or make something that would hang from the openings on each side of the boat. See attached pic. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo279134.jpg
    photo279134.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
With that colour interior and it being a smaller boat I would look for a blonde not taller than 5'2"
​You want to keep the weight down.
If you want even less weight there are car versions designed to hang onto a panel like runs under your gunnel.

Fed

Commander
I glued a short pieces of electrical conduit inside the side pockets, the bell end of 63mm purpose built for my choice of beer bottle but you could use any suitable PVC pipe to suit your size needs.
I put them in both sides front and back (4 in total), note the small cut out at the base to let any water out.
Very easily accessible without throwing them up in the face of the cops.
stubbie.JPG

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer
I glued a short pieces of electrical conduit inside the side pockets, the bell end of 63mm purpose built for my choice of beer bottle but you could use any suitable PVC pipe to suit your size needs.
I put them in both sides front and back (4 in total), note the small cut out at the base to let any water out.
Very easily accessible without throwing them up in the face of the cops.
Great idea...thanks!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I picked up cup holders at a Canadian Tire store here. They are hinged and when needed fold down and have an adjustable cup holder to fit a drink. I put 1 below my shifter/throttle controls. I asked my 1st mate where it was most convenient for him to have for either fishing from the bow seat or the rear casting platform. He said here and here and was very surprised when I took the drill out of bag, handed it to him and told him to mount them wherever he wanted. I paid something like 7 bucks each CDN. That gives me 5 cup holders on my 19 foot fish/ski rig. I like that they fold up and lock tight and out of the way when not in use. Came in black or white, I still have an extra in the package and will look tomorrow for the brand,

Johnny D.

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer
I picked up cup holders at a Canadian Tire store here. They are hinged and when needed fold down and have an adjustable cup holder to fit a drink. I put 1 below my shifter/throttle controls. I asked my 1st mate where it was most convenient for him to have for either fishing from the bow seat or the rear casting platform. He said here and here and was very surprised when I took the drill out of bag, handed it to him and told him to mount them wherever he wanted. I paid something like 7 bucks each CDN. That gives me 5 cup holders on my 19 foot fish/ski rig. I like that they fold up and lock tight and out of the way when not in use. Came in black or white, I still have an extra in the package and will look tomorrow for the brand,

Johnny D.

Thanks...I have two of them mounted up front to some fiberglass panels, but don't really want to mount anything in the rear and mess up the upholstery along the sides of the gunnel.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Thanks...I have two of them mounted up front to some fiberglass panels, but don't really want to mount anything in the rear and mess up the upholstery along the sides of the gunnel.

Dominic mounted them on the inside wall of the gunnels that are carpeted. I can see how it may bunch up upholstery if foam under it. If there isn't padding there I would mount them on the inside of the gunnels,.

I am going to have to learn how to post photos here. Technically challenged.

JD

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Yup...that will always improve the cosmetic appearance of the boat. Not cheap though !

roffey

Commander
LOL, I was going to post the same pictures but figured the mods would remove it. Bahaha.