2007 19' Lowe Suncruiser Tahiti 194

fredyboy

Cadet
I am considering purchasing a Lowe Suncruiser and I am wondering if it would be able to fish in the ocean. Nothing to far off the coast, just outside of jetties and within 100 yards of shore. Not sure if anyone has any experience with this boat. Appreciate any feedback. I live in Huntington Beach and would love to get a combo lake boat that we can use to grab some spotted bass and halibut.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the type of boat does not aid or prevent you from fishing

you can literally fish from anything that floats.

specifically what is your concern?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Not a good choice since pontoons do not do well in rough water. Nose into a wave under power and the boat submarines. The deck is like a diving plane on a sub. The boat will not sink but frantic guests can be pitched overboard.

fredyboy

Cadet
No Title

Thank you. I wasn't sure about this model, since it is not a pontoon, more of a deck boat, if anyone had any experiences. In the videos I have watched it seems to legitimately handle the lakes with out a problem.

Attachments

• photo279120.jpg
    photo279120.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 0

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
That hull is like a really big, wide bass boat. Might be workable on the ocean if all conditions are right. But it wouldn't be my first choice if I hadn't made a purchase yet.

Mind you, I am hoping to get a boat much like that one in a couple years to use for shallow freshwater fishing here in FL. So I'm not prejudiced against the boat. But I won't use it for ocean fishing though. I have a different boat for that.

fredyboy

Cadet
I am interested in adding a fold away hinge kit to a potential new boat, but it has a metal sleeve that appears to preclude the kit. In the past, I have only seen it done with the standard trailer. Does anyone have this type of trailer that would be able to advise me if it is still possible? Unfortunately, I am challenged by the length of my driveway.
hitch.jpg