Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Plug for 1998 Tracker Pro 165

Hi folks,

I have a Ď98 Tracker Pro 165 and none of the market drain plugs will fit it. My current one is slightly smaller than the 1Ē diameter of others. It has a red Rubber O ring. Any ideas if this is factory? Where can I find a replacement for this smaller drain plug? Thanks!

Have you expanded the 1" plug you have? I am surprised a standard 1" plug won't fit a Tracker.
    Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

Are you sure you are looking at the hull drain and not the intake or drain for a livewell system?

Comment

Iím definitely looking at the drain plug. It is slightly smaller than other plugs. Iíve purchased three different kinds and they all are too large. I think the plug came from manufacturer but I canít find any online.

Comment

I found mine which is a 5/8 " with a "t" handled tightening screw at the auto parts store with the Irish name .Probably can't say the name on the forum !

Comment

It's strange a standard 1" plug won't fit. I would go to retailer near you or contact them.
            Last edited by jbcurt00; October 15th, 2017, 02:17 AM.

Comment

If you absolutly cant find something to fit it drag it to a machine shop and have them make you a couple. Two wont cost you much more than one. He will have to make a couple practice plugs out of something cheap to make sure hes got it right. But brass plugs are kind of forgiving. Id think someone would make two of them for $50 to 60 bucks if you were not in a rush? If you knew the thread pitch id be happy to give it a shot. Pick up a thread pitch blade and a cheap micrometer measure the hole and get as close as you can on the thread pitch.

Comment

I would think a screw in brass plug is not on a Cracker. An expandable rubber plug yes like 99% of tin machines with an OB. A screw in plug for an I/O glass boat yes but not a tin Tracker.

Comment

Hold the rubber and unscrew the lever to reduce diameter further. A soft new rubber plug from wallmart should fit right in.
                  Arizona

Comment

Working...
                  X