Bimini help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini help

I have a boat that is missing the rear support pole for my Bimini three bow. How do I find a replacement or is there a pipe I can use for the job. That would come in handy as I think I have two bent lower pieces as well

Is your Bimini aluminum or stainless steel? Make sure you match it up. You can order a support pole kit from iboats here:

http://www.iboats.com/48-Brace-Kit-S...view_id.505906

This is the stainless kit, but I think there's a link to the aluminum one on that page too.
    1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag - Bravo 1

Comment

Go to a canvas shop and they will cut a piece the exact size you need and sell you the fittings.
      1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
      Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
      Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
      "Common sense is not very common"
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

The donít sell aluminum pipe at home depot or something like that? And the ends, is it worth upgrading them to the metal ones or just stick with the nylon fittings?

Comment

I lost a bimini because of nylon fittings.
          1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
          Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
          Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
          "Common sense is not very common"
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

Would the Brunswick in your name mean Brunswick County, NC?

Comment

Lol no. I am actually head mechanic for Lakewood lanes, in Waterbury, ct. Brunswick comes from those are the brand of machines we have, no I DO NOT reflect pool tables. I get asked that question all of the time.

Comment

Oh ok. There is a place here that you can get anything aluminum you could imagine

Comment

Come to think of it , iboats sells aluminum tubing. I think the brand name is Taco maybe.

Comment

I found a website yesterday that sells 2 40Ē tubes with hardware for like $25. So score on that one. I have so much to do to this float pain, that this is the last thing to do. But being that I am new to the larger boats, I jumped from a small 14í up to an 86 Bayliner Ciera 2550 st, I am in explore mode as I take the things out. Surprisingly it is the original blue cab Bimini that came with it. Minor patch to the roof and the missing/bent poles and one of fifty knocked off the list

Comment

I had an 85 2550. Great boat for it's size. If it has the OMC Cobra outdrive read up on it. King Cobra is ok.
                      1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

No cobra, it came with a aq270 mounted and a spare unit. So between the two I will have a good unit and some spare parts. Itís one cost saved.

Comment

And all of my vinyl seats are in mint shape

Comment

sweet. You will enjoy the boat. I never had the bimini on mine.
                            1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Iím hoping so, itís a long ways off from splash though. Small leaks abound on it from windows and hatches, no engine, redoing interior, a random hole cut in boat behind l lounge, and a complete arch rebuild. But at least I have the Bimini top so shade me while I slave.

Comment

Working...
                              X