Livewell Headache

Acefactor

Recruit
Bare with me this might get lengthy but I can not determine what the solution is to my problem after hours of work.

I have a 99 G3 Pro185 with a 3 position livewell control (Auto/Empty/Recirc) that has given me problems since I got it earlier this year. I put the control in AUTO position and turn the pump on (Manual or Auto same results). When I do this, on most occasions the water will start pumping ( after I kick the motor in reverse in order to prime the pump) but once it fills to approximately 1/3 of the way it continues to pump but the water level never rises. I feel water being pulled from the drain as if it is recirculating but this is not the style of livewell that you can plug. It has plastic dome style filter over the drain hole that is screwed into the base. The only way I can get water to begin to fill is if I unscrew this filter and plug the hole (usually with just my finger). Then over time it slowly looses water. The valve is brand new and I know for a fact it is the correct valve and that it open/closes properly. I know there are not any leaks in the livewell either because I have already checked. All the hoses are routed correctly as well. I am losing my mind over this PLEASE HELP!

ANY advice will help. Thanks

Acefactor

Recruit
Yes the system uses a valve to direct traffic. The pump just turns on and off. The diagram you have depicted is for a similar but slightly different setup. It has a FILL position whereas mine has a AUTO position which, if i am understanding correctly, allows for freshwater in and old water out? here is an image closer to my setup:

https://flow-rite.com/files/flash/systembuilder.html

alldodge

Staff member
Your system should be setup the same according to the site.

As Harley said, the Auto just turns the pump on and back off every so many minutes. The valve going to the pump should work the same way, and you should have the same similar setup. It could be "maybe the pump is gone" :noidea: just trying to figure it out.

Remember the switch only controls the pump, the manual valve controls direction of water flow

Here is the link to the sight, select "launch builders guide" link
https://flow-rite.com/marine/livewell-builder
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG