12ft sears jon boat

Garrettsmith226

Recruit
I recently got a sears 12ft jon boat. Model number 61813. Could someone give me some info on it? Like year/ where I can find hin number because I'm not sure where it's at on it, and anything else you could tell me.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iboats.

The year should be listed on the title or registration paperwork you got from the seller.

If it is 1973 or older, it will have no hin, just the serial number you posted.

if it is newer, the hin will be on the outside of the transom, in the upper corner, on the starboard side.

Garrettsmith226

Recruit
Welcome to iboats.

The year should be listed on the title or registration paperwork you got from the seller.

If it is 1973 or older, it will have no hin, just the serial number you posted.

if it is newer, the hin will be on the outside of the transom, in the upper corner, on the starboard side.

what do i need to do to get it registered if theres no hin? do i just leave that blank? i dont belive it has been registered before

jbcurt00

Staff member
what do i need to do to get it registered if theres no hin? do i just leave that blank? i dont belive it has been registered before

Depends 100% on what YOUR state requires. Contact whoever deals w boats, trailer too if you plan to use 1, in WV thats the DMV. In other states, Fish and Wildlife, DNR or BMV handles boats.

Sometimes trailers are more difficult then boats, they are here in WV in some cases.

Garrettsmith226

Recruit
Getting registered?

So I got a jon boat and I wanna get it registered. But I have no idea what year it is. I believe it's 1973 or older because there is no gun number. It's a sears 12 for Jon boat model number 61813. There was a old stick on the side that's I'm not sure what it is. It says
71-l F&W Pa then a number below it that looks like 1815. The sticker is brown with yellow wording,What is this? I can't get the picture to upload.