Wellcraft Sportfish 20 internal fuel line replacement

TMill41

Recruit
Just bought an older model 86 Wellcraft Sportfish 20 and need to replace the fuel lines all the way to the fuel tank. The repair shop says they need to saw through the deck floor to get to it and they aren't even sure where to start sawing. Does anyone know where under the deck the fuel line connects to the tank?? I cannot find any diagrams for this boat online and the repair guys say they can't find anything either... If I had to guess, it would be under the starboard console but that's just a guess. If anyone on this forum knows, please respond

sogood

Petty Officer 1st Class
That's odd! My Wellcraft Sportsman has two inspection hatches in the deck, directly above the tank. Not only that, but the section of deck, about 2' 6" wide, by about 3' 6" long is removable! One hatch gives access to the filler line and the sender unit and the other accesses the vent line and fuel line out. How are you supposed to change the sender if need be ? Either way, your tank should be pretty much in the centre of the boat, between the sides, for balance. Can you see anything from the engine compartment/bilge area, maybe with a flashlight and a mirror?