Mooring cover replacement cost

SILENTSAM

Recruit
I have to replace my mooring cover on a 17' bow rider, can anyone give me a ball park $$

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I think I pais $150 for my bow cover and $400 or so for the cockpit cover. They were the original-pattern covers sized for my boat, made of Sunbrella.

SILENTSAM

Recruit
Thanks for the input, I was expecting $1000 or so. will start shopping around. thanks again

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Depends a lot on how complicated the cover is, where you are located and how busy the shops are.

On Holiday

Seaman Apprentice
I am shopping for a trailerable cover right now, one place was $2k while another is $830.00. These are custom made covers for a 26' boat.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A custom made mooring cover was going to be 700 CDN, so around $550.USD. And a travel cover $900.00 for the same boat made of Sunbrella.

A great tip I learned from the previous owner for a mooring cover. Rather than tie a cord beneath the cover when on land just fill some Javex bottles with water and hang them from the grommets on the edge of the cover with a S hook. You can also do this using the mooring cover when the boat is in a slip. The weight of the water bottles keep the mooring cover down tight, I use 3 on each side of my 19 footer. Much easier when in the water than to fasten all the snaps on a travel cover.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not sure if you consider this a mooring cover or not. It's the one I use when tied up to my dock. I was quoted $700 around 8 years ago for it in Sunbrella. I ended up sewing it myself.

cover2.jpg

cover1.jpg

This is the cover I use when my boat is on the trailer.
side%20guides.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Around here that the first picture would be considered a travel cover. Not much air will get in going down the road. The second a mooring cover giving more protection when parked or stored. The argument starts when what cover to use when in a slip? I use a mooring cover with water bottles hanging over the sides. I removed the straps. Easier for me than using the snaps, because of arthritis in my hands snaps are difficult.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
On a buoy, or a slip where you can't get on all sides of the boat, most people on the 2 lakes I boat on use the snap in cockpit cover. On slips where you can get on both sides, then they go with the cover on the bottom photo.

I made the bottom cover longer on the sides to cover the blue gel coat. I could have made it a lot shorter on the sides and it would work in a slip.

Last edited: