2001 2100sd dash problem

Randy583

Cadet
recently after a storm all my dash readout says is proG and no gauges work. Has push button start that is working just fine as doeas the stereo remote but nothing else works when the power is off the clock numbers are on but when started just says proG

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Does the boat have a Briggs and Stratton or Tecumseh motor installed?

alldodge

Staff member
Randy

We would really like to help but you need to tell us what you have. What manufacture put the motor in, Indmar, Merc, VP, etc

My lawn mower comment was an attempt for you to try and give us some info. If you don't want to that's ok, but your not going to many comments. Don't even know what ProG is but thinking its has to do with who manufactured the boat

Randy583

Cadet
I guess I was a little short on explaining the boat is currently up at our cabin so i'll do the best I can describing I have a 2001 maxum 21 ft sport deck 5.3 efi with a I/o the problem is in the dash it has push button ignition(no key) with digital display read out for the clock, hr meter and depth finder and then it has all the regular gauges fuel, speed ,tach,water and oil we recently just had a bad storm roll through it ripped my cover badly so it got pretty wet inside also a tree fairly close to the boat got struck by lightning not sure if it traveled through the ground. boat starts just fine except no gauges at all work and all that comes on the display is proG
looked in the manual all it says is its in the program mode-turn off to exit program mode.Ive looked at all the fuses appear to be ok and I also disconnected both batteries and reconnected with no luck thought maybe it might just had moisture and a few days would dry out somebody said something about a 80 amp fuse in the engine compartment but I;m thinking if that's blown nothing would work. just not sure what else to look at

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The hard gauges (fuel, speedo, etc,) are also dead?

What brand is the depth gauge that is going program mode?

Randy583

Cadet
yes the gauges are all dead not sure have to check on the brand of gauges when I go up on Friday but like I said boat starts and runs fine as does the stereo remote which is on the dash as well the motor is mercruiser

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I would look for an instrument power fuse or circuit breaker. The depth gauge may need reprogrammed and that's the reason for the "proG" display.

alldodge

Staff member
Being a Merc it should use smartcraft so I'll look into it from that route,

alldodge

Staff member
In searching I think what you have is a panel made by Grayhill. Found it mentioned in the Maxum owner manual (note 3). If this is grayhill then its proprietary box and I'm coming up empty. Suggest first make sure it is grayhill. Find the box under the helm and if correct contact them and ask if they have a repair service

Randy583

Cadet
A contacted Grayhill they sold their component line out to DNA out of Raleigh North Carolina contacted them and they no longer make them they were no help

alldodge

Staff member
Bummer, starting to sound like trying to find one on ebay and roll the dice, or change out the dash.

Randy583

Cadet
replaced circuit box that I ordered only problem is I need 4 digit factory code to start with the keyless start anyone know who I would contact for the 4 digit code

Randy583

Cadet
update- last week I called Brunswick got the factory set number put in the number ....good to go everything works perfect

alldodge

Staff member
That's great and good to know how to call. Would not have thought of calling them for another's product.