Need 19" Windshield support bar

stancalame

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hellow all,
I need a 19" support bar on port side for my windshield which is on a 1991 Galaxie 20.5 foot bow rider with walk through windshield. It was missing when I bought the boat. The one on the starbord side is the only one holding and it is quite short but I did not measure becuase its fine..

I measured from the existing holes where old one was originally mounted to the mount on the windshild that receives the swivel. The longest bars I have found on this site are 16" I suppose I could cut some wood blocks as spacers but that would not be ideal. Anyone got ideas? Here is the link I was searching, I have also googled and looked on amazon but no luck.

http://www.iboats.com/Windshield-Support-Bar/dm/view_id.484560

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Try Great Lakes Skipper. They have some longer than 16"

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
SeaDog p/n 324300 is the base and you can cut a piece of 5/8" tubing as long as you need.

stancalame

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So on the seadog parts, is one required on both ends of the support rod. And secondly where do you get the tubing. I assume Aluminum would be best for weight and corrosion.

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You'll need two of that part number and you can buy the tubing at any hardware store or chandlery. Aluminum is what they ship the complete braces with.