Boss Pilot boat low stern

emarshbuck

Seaman
Not sure what forum this belongs in....feel free to move it if necessary.

I purchased a 2004 12' Boss Pilot boat, fiberglass hull with a 25HP Tohatsu. The original PTT had been removed. I purchased a Panther aftermarket PTT and had it installed, which moved the engine about 12" further back from the stern plate. I don't have pictures before and after of how it sits in the water, but it seems as if it now sits lower at the stern than before. The water line is just touching the rib line. It seem like it still takes a while to get on plane even with the motor all the way down.

Should I place some counterweight in the bow of the boat to offset the new position of the motor? Am I worrying about nothing?

thanks,

ed

NYBo

Admiral
Putting the motor farther back will definitely make the stern lower. It sounds like you need to move some weight forward.

emarshbuck

Seaman
Here are pics of the bow/stern and side view before the replacement PTT was installed. Looking at the bow you can see bottom coat paint which you could not see prior PTT. The engine weighs about 155 lbs and was moved back about 11"

It takes awhile before the prop seems to get a good bite and get the boat on plane.

thoughts?
thx

ed

Attachments

• USS Minnow Bow.JPG
    USS Minnow Bow.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • USS Minnow Stern.JPG
    USS Minnow Stern.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
  • USS Minnow 2016.JPG
    USS Minnow 2016.JPG