Interior LED lights

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My girlfriend has been bothering me for some time now to put green LED lights to light up the interior of our 26' mirage, I've decided to go ahead and do it but dose anybody have any recomendations of what brand? Or were to get them?

I'm not looking to spend an astronomical
Amount of money but I do not want to buy junk and then have to re-do it next year

radza002

Recruit
I am not sure how much you are willing to spend but I did my 20' bayliner for about $300. I have had them installed for over 2 years now with no issues. They have 3M tape on 3 sides so you can mount them at whichever angle you like and hide them behind or underneath whatever you want. I believe I ordered 2 of 40" strips and 2 of the 12" strips (Stingerz) along with the black magic remote. Check it out for yourself.

https://www.customdynamics.com/stingerz-led-strips#productSpecifications

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
What kind of lights are you going to do? If you have fixtures already, there are replacement LED bulbs you can get. Tons of choices on eBay.

NYBo

Admiral
To preserve your night vision, see if you can convince her to go with red.

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class
300 is kinda steep. I was thinking 150-200 however is the quality is good I will up my budget or I could do some now and add more next year.

I would like to have color changing lights maybe even the kind that beat to music or the kind that change colors and flash. I also plan to get 2 cup holders that have the LED ring on/in them

I would have to get some that can also be installed with screws. A few of the places that I want to put them are carpeted.

I do have sensitive eyes at night so when ever the boat is moving, the lights will be off. It's more for when we are at the dock.

I will check out the sugestested sites

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I have a set all around in my 21" CC, did the whole thing for around $50. Any color you want on a remote, will flash/fade/strobe/blink, etc. I run them mainly in Blue, but they will do whatever.

Attachments

• photo271373.jpg
    photo271373.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 0

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
just did mine this year. Added 3 custom cup holders, 4 in speakers, 1 in sub and 1 in cooler cubby. Have the color changing kind and blinking/flashing controller. All together I spent about $100. But I have lots of labor in the job. I'll post photos below.

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a set all around in my 21" CC, did the whole thing for around $50. Any color you want on a remote, will flash/fade/strobe/blink, etc. I run them mainly in Blue, but they will do whatever.

Do you remember what brand it was? Were they the adhesive style or did they have screws?

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
Do you remember what brand it was? Were they the adhesive style or did they have screws?

They were adhesive backed, but unless the fiberglass was 100% clean it would not stick well. I drilled a few small holes along the underside of the fiberglass overhang and used small zipties to hold them in place along with the adhesive. They are IP67 rated for water exposure. I bought them from a large online retailer

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I put my LED strip in aluminum housings with frosted lenses.

IMG_20140315_180731.jpg

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I put my LED strip in aluminum housings with frosted lenses.

IMG_20140315_180731.jpg

Are the led strip light separate from the housing? Can you cut the housing down to what ever size you want? If so, then that is exactly what I'm looking for

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yes...housing is separate. You can cut to length. You buy the housing lens and ends separately.

1000bulbs.com

search for Klus housing.

These are what I have but they have ones also that don't angle. I didn't use the mounting clips. I just drilled holes to mount. I certain applications, likely better to use clips. They aren't cheap but nice quality looking install.

Last edited: