1975 starcraft super sport 18 restoration

derek4325

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I picked up this boat at an auction for just under $500. The hull is good with no loose rivets and the transom is solid from what I can see( no for and it's not popping out anywhere) it has a 135 johnson that I worked on a little and I believe I got running pretty good. Overall the boat is in decent shape except for the floor and all the upholstery. I am currently putting a new floor in and I have new seats ordered. My current question is about the upholstery such as the trim work that goes across the beam and in the front surrounding the bow. Also the bow cushions haha. I know i dont have the ability to make new bow cushions but i was wondering about the trim pieces, they are rotted and need replaced. Are they easy enough to do? I have already made a new dashboard with new vinyl and it was surprisingly easy so I have the basic concept down for minimizing seams and what not. But I am still a beginner at this zo zhould i risk doing this myself or should i leave it to a professional? And how much would it cost for 3 trim pieces plus 2 bow cushions? Thanks. Derek

derek4325

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I also don't really know what kind of foam to use if I decide to do it myself. Sorry for all the questions

gm280

Supreme Mariner
derek4325, post some pictures for us to see what you are dealing with and we can answer your questions with a better idea in mind.

As for the foam, I am assuming you are talking about flotation foam. If so, most use 2lbs mix and pour for such things. But we need to see what you are talking about first. JMHO

derek4325

Petty Officer 2nd Class
derek4325, post some pictures for us to see what you are dealing with and we can answer your questions with a better idea in mind.

As for the foam, I am assuming you are talking about flotation foam. If so, most use 2lbs mix and pour for such things. But we need to see what you are talking about first. JMHO

I'm having trouble posting photos. Not too sure how to compress them. I may have to try on my desk top or send them in the form of a link. But the foam I'm talking about is the foam for the cushions. Just for a visual for now the back of the trim pieces are ply wood/ foam/ vinyl. And the back rests on the bow are just flat wood covered in vinyl with no padding.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
You can cushion those backrest pads with 1/4" foam and still avoid seams.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Hate to send anybody there as the site is going downhill fast but photobucket can make posting a lot easier.