1995 Armada Marada 2100MVB "Executive Series" new to me boat QUESTIONS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB71

Cadet
I purchased a boat, 1995 Armada Marada 2100 MVB "executive series", from the estate of a gentleman whom purchased the boat new. It was kept in a covered lift, out of the water, under a full cover and serviced by the local lake marina regularly. I am a big guy at 6'2" and 260lbs and checked the floor best I know how as well as looking under the ski storage and rear compartment for any softness or signs of water damage and none is evident nor was any felt under foot around the storage area and the fuel tank access port. According to the serial number on the breather, engine serial # 0F428410, the boat has a 5.0LX (I think 230HP) and runs great, although the out drive, serial number 0F497215,an Alpha One Gen II, is beat up quite a bit and is missing pieces of the fin(blade) above the prop on the port side nearly 7" of the rear portion is gone and the skeg is broken off just an inch below the prop which I am assuming is contributing to the handling being a bit odd compared to other boats I have owned in the past (i.e... older galaxy cabin, 76 skeeter wrangler and a 04 regal bowrider). I trailered the thing home in the trim up position but couldn't find the trailering switch everyone keeps mentioning which made for a very anxious road trip with what is left of the skeg just inches off of the highway. I have been trying to read through the online service manual 14 I see on here but I can only view it on line, does someone have a PDF I can download and print it off so I can read it and take it to the boat with me? First thing upon starting the boat I noticed the bilge pump was shot and replaced it with a new one from the marina, and tipped the marina mechanic for wiring it in and bolting it down considering I had nothing but a tool belt with no wiring terminals. He was a great help. So, it runs but slow speeds is all over the place, is this because of the damaged outdrive? I am taking on water at what appears to be the shifting cable bellow and purchased a set of bellows, an impeller and gasket kit, and out drive fluid with the pump to pump it back in with. I disassembled my Volvo outdrive on the regal but this is a different animal it seems. Does the outdrive have to be torn apart every year or two in order to replaced the impeller? Is there anywhere to find a new lower unit which would fix the skeg and the broken fin(blade) above the prop? The shifting doesn't seem to be smooth a little snug but probably from sitting, and it seems like the clutch isn't engaging as soon as it should or something. I keep having to bump it in and out of gear which is not something I want to be required to do when I take it out on the lake for a day full of fun. I truly know nothing about the Marada boats and feel a bit dense on the trailering switch and several other things... there is a plastic fluid jug on top of the engine that appears empty, I should know what the heck that is, have no idea.... is there somewhere to find operating manuals for this boat as well as service manuals for the engine and outdrive? I could use all the help I can get.

Also, how the heck do I change my username here... I was looking at a Celebrity years ago but never purchased it... love to get rid of that username

Attachments

• photo268884.jpg
    photo268884.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo268885.jpg
    photo268885.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo268886.jpg
    photo268886.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo268887.jpg
    photo268887.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo268888.jpg
    photo268888.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photo268889.jpg
    photo268889.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3

jbcurt00

Staff member
Send me a PM w your choice of a new user name. If its available, not in use, Admin can change it

BB71

Cadet
Thanks JB.

Does ANYONE have any info on these boats? I can't remember a time I haven't found the answer to a boating question(s) here....

Maclin

Admiral
That was a long paragraph to just pull one or 2 questions out of, but seems to me that most of your concerns are with the Engine and Outdrive. That is all MerCruiser and works the same for any boat brand, not peculiar to Marada. For instance, the trailering tilt control is all MerCruiser and not boat brand specific. You might try posting in the MerCruiser I/O topic area with some specific questions on how the engine and/or outdrive related components are behaving.

Good luck with your new boat :)

BB71

Cadet
I was also looking for any and all information or manuals offered by Marada that is no longer in business.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Operating manuals for that boat won't tell you much. Operating manuals for the engine will tell you everything you need to know. There are links to electronic copies in the mercruiser forum.

1) There are skeg repair kits you can get. It is just a sleeve that fits over your existing broken one and should suffice. No need to buy a whole new lower unit just for the skeg. That broken skeg won't account for your speed variations.

2) We definitely need more information other than "slow speeds, all over the place." What are your rpms doing? What noises are your engine making? What is your wide open throttle rpm? What prop do you have on there? How is it trimmed?

3) Trailer button for your trim. On your throttle, at the very top, should be a button on the inside and a button on the outside (toward the window). Press them both at the same time. If nothing happens, then you need to start diagnosing electrical issues.

4) Shifting issue. Your lower shift cable needs adjustment or replacement. Since you are changing out your bellow, change the cable at the same time.

5)Bellows. Any leaky bellow should be replaced immediately. If you are doing one, do them all. These are 'wait for failure' replacement items, rather PM items that have the potential to sink a boat, especially the u-joint bellow. Use Mercruiser OEM bellows. Aftermarkets have been known to be a little off.

6) Water pump impeller. Yes, replace every 2-3 years. Some do it every year. I personally think that is overkill, but that is not an item you want failing as an overheating engine is VERY bad news.

7) Need a picture of the plastic jug. My first guess would be outdrive gear oil reservoir, and yes that should be filled properly. If it is the outdrive reservoir, and it keeps draining, then you start diagnosing seal issues in the outdrive and discuss repair or replace depending on where the leak is.

Between the plastic tank being empty, the variable speed you are experiencing, and the one electrical issue you encountered, there will be quite a bit of diagnosing and repair in your future. But if you tackle it one problem at a time, and address each problem individually in the mercruiser forum, you will have it up and running in no time. I say the mercruiser forum because every issue you are experiencing is mercruiser specific. I haven't seen anything yet that is specific to Marada. I wouldn't worry about the Marada manual as that will be a very general manual and won't help with specifics. Also, stay away from Clymer and Seloc manuals. They don't have the best info in them.

BB71

Cadet
no button on the outside(against the side of the boat) of the throttle. I have looked all over the thing and i cant find any other button than the trim up and down on the left of the throttle and the red handle to pull up on on the underneath of the throttle handle arm... and the release button on the pivot base...

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Depending on hours and how careful you are to only run your engine with the drive fully submerged or the muffs on and providing water, you can get 4 or 5 years even out of an impeller in a Gen2. They really beefed it up and it can run for years if not abused.

If you had the boat manual you would be disappointed at how useless it is. I agree with wahlejim completely. (on everything he said) I saw you got your manual. I never did find a free motor manual, but the Gen2 sterndrive manual is easy to get.

BTW, I am IMPRESSED with the interior cleanup! Awesome.

Rick

BB71

Cadet
Thanks Rick. The interior upholstery was all done using "Awesome" in a spray bottle and a brush. I am still working on the exterior as I broke down and purchased a consumer grade buffer and not a polisher as I was using before. This is similar to a 7inch grinder but has the variable speed and the velcro adapters for the different pads. I am on my way out to yet again try and figure out his trailering switch. I downloaded the engine manual from "PYB.club" free and full.

KYBoating@Nolin

Recruit
no button on the outside(against the side of the boat) of the throttle. I have looked all over the thing and i cant find any other button than the trim up and down on the left of the throttle and the red handle to pull up on on the underneath of the throttle handle arm... and the release button on the pivot base...
My Marada has a trailering button on the lower right corner of the throttle mount - bottom of throttle. I’ve had problems with it too. I had another switch installed beside the throttle. Both switches work but I usually use the new added switch because it’s reliable. The original switch is spotty.

jbcurt00

Staff member
My Marada has a trailering button on the lower right corner of the throttle mount - bottom of throttle. I’ve had problems with it too. I had another switch installed beside the throttle. Both switches work but I usually use the new added switch because it’s reliable. The original switch is spotty.
Its been 5yrs

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.