Finally Got The Boat Out

RGrew176

Commander
I launched April 22nd. Every day off I had since then it seems that the wind was blowing in the 20 MPH range. For me a bit to windy to head out as I am still learning the handling characteristics of my 3007.

Yesterday (Monday) was the Detroit/Windsor Freedom Festival Fireworks on the Detroit River. I really wanted to go but the winds were in the 15 to 25 MPH range so I was sitting dockside hoping they would subside. Finally at 8 PM the winds did subside and I headed out.

Of course many boat trips start at the fuel dock. I topped off my tanks pumping in 41 gallons of liquid gold totaling $172.00.

2q1c3fb.jpg

Gas is quite a bit higher priced in Gibraltar when compared to Bolles Harbor. It's about 80 cents a gallon more there.

Here we are leaving the marina headed to the fuel dock.

27xgsj4.jpg

You can see the water is very calm hardly a ripple.

After fueling up we headed up-river towards Detroit. We should have left a half hour earlier. We were about a mile or slightly under south of the Ambassador Bridge when the fireworks started. We decided to watch them from there. About half way through the program it started to rain and rain rather moderately. We decided to start back towards home.

Since it was now dark I throttled up to about 1400 RPM. If I hit something I was hoping to minimize damages. I could not believe just how many boats were headed downriver at cruising speeds. We did see one boat being towed downriver and into their marina. Hopefully it was a breakdown and not a collision with an unseen object.

We puttered our way south arriving back at my marina about 11:30 PM. All in all, except for the rain it was a nice first cruise of the season. Hopefully more cruising to come. Hoping to get back out on the river Wednesday afternoon.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Wow is that marina gas prices?Just filled up at soo mich and if i had of bought super it was 2.95

sogood

Petty Officer 1st Class
Happy you had a pleasant outing. I'm getting very close to splashing my boat and I can't wait. However, having said that, I live in Ireland where petrol (gas) prices equate to about $7.00 per gallon. We pay about 69 cent in every Euro in tax on our petrol, so enjoy your outings.................

boatman37

Lieutenant
3.99 on our river. But our 'normal' street prices are about $2.55 here in PA. I filled up my truck in Ohio today for 2.07

RGrew176

Commander
Wow is that marina gas prices?Just filled up at soo mich and if i had of bought super it was 2.95

Yep, unfortunately that is the gas price at my marina. I think the next time I get gas I will try one of the local boat clubs. Should be somewhat less expensive. Last week it was $4.29 so it did come down a bit.