Reintroduction and cabin access question

photogmkr

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All,

While I'm not new to the forum its been years since I have been active here. I would like to reintroduce myself and ask for help. My name is Travis, I live in the Saint Louis Mo area but do all my boating at Carlyle lake in IL. I'm happy to be back for two reasons. First, I have a boat again! Second, this community was always really helpful and full of great information!

I posted this question in the radio area but this is more than a radio issue, its a access question on my boat. I received one response and while I greatly appreciated it, I need more help.

I just purchased a 1994 Sea Ray 220 Signature BR. When I picked it up last week I noticed that the radio didn't really work but I didn't worry about it much because I'm sure I can troubleshoot it. When I got to poking around the boat tonight I realized I had no clue how to access the amps that are located in the steering wheel cabin. If anyone could help me figure out how to get into that cabin and to those amps I would be extremely grateful!

I removed the angle as suggested in the previous post and found a screw on the outside that I removed but that board didn't move. I thought maybe I could access it from the front by removing the cushion but once I started I quickly realized that wasn't going to work (unless I missed something). I'm really at a loss here.

Thanks,
Travis

Attachments

• photo268231.JPG
    photo268231.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268359.JPG
    photo268359.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268360.jpg
    photo268360.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0

photogmkr

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

So I found out how to get into that cabin. First you need to take off the soft vinyl strip via 4 nuts. The first two are accessible under the dash, one through the cabin door, and the last beneath the front cup holder that slides out. Once that is off there are 8 or so screws along the top through the fiberglass into the wood. Then there are 4 more screws that are a bit hidden in the carpet. Two in the front and two in the back. Once all those screws are taken out you pull the wood from the bottom and it come out fairly easy.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Attachments

• photo268510.jpg
    photo268510.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268511.jpg
    photo268511.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268512.jpg
    photo268512.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 0