PWC Oklahoma to Texas

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I got a 96 PWC for free (hauled it off because it does not run). The title is an oklahoma title and was signed on the back by the owner. No spot to date, or amount. Did not get a bill of sale because it was just signed and basically said drag it off my property. I'm wanting to transfer it into texas. Hull numbers match title. I penciled the pwd 504 form.. Anything else I need to do because owner is not longer able to be reached

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah, I read all of that. Perfect world situations. I've been down the road with one of my boats where the guy I bought it from never titled it in his name, but had a signed title and gave me a bill of sale. I had to track down the original owners and get a bill of sale from them. --- I also ran into a situation where i bought a boat from a guy and the title didn't even match the boat (didnt notice until I got home - hours away), and the lady at the tag office said since the boat was a 1972, she didn't care, so issued me a title, no hassle at all. I think we all have some type of fear when not all of our i's are dotted and t's crossed when it comes to dealing with the tpwd office. Was hoping someone else had a similar situation.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No matter what, TPWD is where you will end up and all of our advice won't help. Sometimes different people in the same office yield different results.

All you have is a signed title and no bill of sale. The bill of sale is for valuation to collect tax and TPWD will be the ones to tell you how to proceed.

Texas can be a bear and sometimes a pussycat.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
A lot of great advice given thus far. I would however, approach the authorizes with a nice kind face and smile and be polite. That always helps in such situations. If you go there with a disgruntle approach, you WILL have issues. People like to be treated kindly and most of the time return such kindness. At least that has been my experiences. JMHO

Maclin

Admiral
You have a signed title, which is way more than some have approached them with! They will work with you on a path. You can also call them, they will detail out what they will ask for when you come in. Be sure to call the number for the site you will visit. From personal experience, the group in Fort Worth are pretty cool.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Went and renewed my boat and attempted to get a title for the pwc. The nice lady told me I needed to get the "seller" to sign this pwd 143 form that she kindly marked in all the spots that needed to be filled out. Found out the owner (on the title) via fb wall searching, has been in the hospital and had tumor on her brain.. Poor lady :cold: She is unable to talk, write, or do anything on her own. A family member is taking care of her. I feel extremely bad for her.