no manual!

edy

Recruit
recently purchased 1986 doral cavalier, no manual, have traced and found most drain and water lines, where they go, etc, but what is
the big black one that goes down thru the hull about midship, it has a shutoff valve, and it is heavy black hose instead of white light material?
could someone enlighten me?

mr 88

Commander
Track the hose to its source. Could be a raw water intake for the motor / live well / raw water wash down pump/ drain hose from the head. You will not find a manual for that boat.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
to clarify, you will not find a manual for ANY boat

mr 88

Commander
to clarify, you will not find a manual for ANY boat

My 1989 Rampage came with a 100 page model specific manual. Including wiring schematic for every 12 volt and 110 item on boat along with the gauge / color and fuse rating of every wire . Bonding system,fuel system including routing of fill lines/shut off valves/dash display of tanks/ routing of feed lines to motors through hull seacocks/ strainers and locations,battery wiring/steering system/commissioning and decommissioning/ Engine system including,propeller installation,prop shaft specs , cooling, exhaust systems with part numbers breakdown for them as well. Bilge pump locations and wiring for that as well as fresh and raw water routing diagrams including the head. I could go on, it's true 95% of boats do not have them but a few of the upper tier boats do come with excellent manuals.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
My 1989 Rampage came with a 100 page model specific manual. Including wiring schematic for every 12 volt and 110 item on boat along with the gauge / color and fuse rating of every wire . Bonding system,fuel system including routing of fill lines/shut off valves/dash display of tanks/ routing of feed lines to motors through hull seacocks/ strainers and locations,battery wiring/steering system/commissioning and decommissioning/ Engine system including,propeller installation,prop shaft specs , cooling, exhaust systems with part numbers breakdown for them as well. Bilge pump locations and wiring for that as well as fresh and raw water routing diagrams including the head. I could go on, it's true 95% of boats do not have them but a few of the upper tier boats do come with excellent manuals.

Yes, but the chances of finding one for a 30 year old boat are slim to none. If it isn't in the boat when you buy it, chances are there aren't any floating around.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Edy
Please dont post to inactive topics. After 90days w no new posts, treat them like library books: for research only and not to be written in.

Ebay and repeatedly digging thru results on google might yield a manual, but IMO, its extremely unlikely you'll find one.

Mr88s is definitely a rare exception to the rule, SIGNIFICANTLY more came w none.

edy

Recruit
When looking for help on issues like the black
Water line, how is the best way to get responses?

edy

Recruit
Are there owners of 1986 doral cavaliers that i could
Contact privately to discuss pros and cons about
The little ships?

jbcurt00

Staff member
When looking for help on issues like the black water line, how is the best way to get responses?

Just ask

Are there owners of 1986 doral cavaliers that i could contact privately to discuss pros and cons about the little ships?

The whole point of a public open forum is to discuss everything here in the forum, that way it benefits more then just the 1 or 2 members asking/answering questions. So keep the discussion in the open forum.

Ask any questions you want to