BOWRIDER STORAGE

graduc

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to find out which bowrider gives best storage options in the 18 to 21 ft range looking around 2006 year.
tried browsing the the archives didn't find anything please give me your thoughts. i did like a Tahoe Q4 but little storage

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
In my experience, storage is an issue on most boats in that size range. I look for places to add a hatch, where there is wasted space behind or under seating, ect.
​On mine I am adding a hatch in the bow, under the seating pads at the point of the bow. I can move my anchor to that area, and free up space in the side lockers. ​Also the backrests, wich are permantly mounted, have a bit of space behind them, just have to figure out how to make them removable easily, and attach so they stay put when underway, at towing.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Not sure of other makes of boats, but my Larson bowrider has storage under the cushions in the bow area. I keep my anchor on one side and extra rope and two tool bags under the other side. I have lots of storage under the rear cushions. I am pretty sure an outboard boat will have more storage than an I/O.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not sure of other makes of boats, but my Larson bowrider has storage under the cushions in the bow area. I keep my anchor on one side and extra rope and two tool bags under the other side. I have lots of storage under the rear cushions. I am pretty sure an outboard boat will have more storage than an I/O.

​Same with my Larson, I'm adding a hatch at the front bow area, as it is just wasted space under there. I'll add a floor to the space with drainage to the bilge also.

Jimmyjamm

Cadet
I have a 2007 Tahoe Q4 also. There is adequate storage on the boat for our needs (family of 5; 3 kids). There is storage under both of the bow seat cushions for standard equipment, such as bumpers, ropes, anchor, etc. The hull ski storage compartment between the helm and passenger seats is pretty large also. There is a large, built-in waterproof box, (with a drain plug), under the rear, center seat. There is also a pretty good bit of storage room underneath the rear port and starboard seats. Then, "under the hood," there are large storage areas on each side of the engine compartment. One thing that helped us was that there was a wake board rack added when the the wake board tower was installed. That helps to keep most of the kid's water toys up and out of the way when not in use.

I've noticed some marked improvements in storage design on the newer Tahoe models. There are lots of different configuration and design options, depending on whether you're looking at the standard Q4 model, or the Q4 Ski and Fish model, which will be set up a little bit differently.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Chaparral 190 ssi is a storage container on the water.
You may find that upper tier brands put a lot of thought into this very issue. Dedicated anchor hatch in the tip of the bow and every logical spot you can think of designed for usable storage.