Mercury Kiekhaefer key float

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi folks,

I've got, or should say had, one of these key floats. I've had it for years, it used to belong to my dad, and he had it for years before me. He got it at the same time as a '69 1100 Tower of Power I've been restoring.

Unfortunately I've lost the set of keys which had this float on during a house move. I'd love to replace it, but just can't seem to find anywhere new or used that has something like is. Can anyone on here point me in the right direction?

It is a yellow foam fob, with the Merc Keikhaefer loAgo on like below. Just black on yellow.
kiekhaefer-mercury-78387280.jpg

51fOrKl8qGL._SX355_.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
If you could find one with Kiekhaefer on it, then it might be worth some money. You can find all kinds of the float key holds and all kinds of colors just by google "boat key float". They will even make one custom with what ever you want on it

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
Boy good luck with all that! You might be able find someone that could print the logo on the fob, , might cost you a couple bucks though. That said, if the actual Kiekhaefer Mercury is still trade marked I don't think anyone can legally print it. I said legally. . :wink:

Find a place that prints logos on pens, balls, frizbees and that sort of thing. They might be able to help you out.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Check a trophy shop. They have a few methods to make such thing. They can silk screen the logo, or even heat fuse it with another method. But either way, they can help you get one. My wife, before she retired, was the head over such a LASER shop at a trophy place and it is amazing what can be made. JMHO

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for all the responses folks. I'll try and see if I can get some made up. I'm really annoyed at myself for losing the original :(

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks for all the responses folks. I'll try and see if I can get some made up. I'm really annoyed at myself for losing the original :(

Getting the new one made is nearly a sure fire way to ensure you'll find the original......

Good luck

roffey

Commander
I checked around the net and did not find anything, I do remember the kiekhaefer mercury key floats...

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys. If anyone is after one being made up, just let me know. I can't see it being expensive.