Motor mounts

I have tried everything I could think of I'm thinking the bolts are in upside down because I can't even take them out they wiggle in hole but they just will not go up

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

I think they are upside down because the nuts go on the top side. The fit of the bolts should be very snug. Use a hammer and tap up on the bolt head until the threads are clear enough to start the nuts.

Hope you don't need to pretzel your body to get to them.

So the nuts do go on top all the pictures I've seen the bolts drop in from the top and the nuts are on the bottom there is no room to get in there to swing a hammer I prayed on them and the motor moved up and dolt would still not go in just to make sure the it's on the rear mounts that have a bolts that push up from the bottom

GA_Boater

It's very difficult to find any info on Yamaha I/O's. According to this I found on the Web, the bolts are from the bottom and the nuts are on top.

yammm.PNG

No Title

Thanks a lot I have no idea how I'm going to get them up with out pulling off the exsaust off thought there might be a trick to it but as you said just have to force them up

Attachments

• photo266997.jpg
    photo266997.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Welcome aboard mate and the trials and tribulations of Marine mechanics. I swear sometimes these things were designed and built by aliens with 1/8" thin fingers 20" long. Most often I just bite the bullet and call "the guy" and pay "the guy". Some of the tools are a good "name this" on This Old House.

GA_Boater

If you have access to an engine hoist or some way of very slightly lifting the motor to relieve the weight on the mount, the bolt may be relaxed enough to push it up to get the nut started on the threads.

I lifted motor there was another nut tighted it it gave me all the threads I needed to double nut the mount now I have to check my ailment without a tool is this possible

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Don't think you can check it without an alignment tool; they can be had for about $40 on EvilBay.