New boat owner question

mhauck6

Recruit
I took my 2000 Four Winns I/O 3.0 Volvo Penta on its maiden voyage yesterday. Everything is running fine except when the prop is completely lowered and I'm at full throttle....water sprays everywhere. The two rear seats and the motor cover are drenched. Noone will ever b able to sit there if this continues. What am I missing? Help please

tpenfield

Staff member
Any particular reason you are running with the outdrive trim fully lowered at full throttle?

Does it only do that in those circumstances?

Anything particular about the outdrive? Add-on 'whale tail' or anything like that? Anything else attached to the transom that could be making the spray? Swim ladder up?

mhauck6

Recruit
No reason in particular. I just wanted to open it up and see what she had. It was the 1st time I've had this boat in the water. I raised it a little and it just made the problem worse. I'll have to check and see if it has any enhanced features. It could very well b just the swim ladder or transducer. I'll have to check today. If anything else comes to mind, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks guys

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Something is dragging in the water. Make sure ladder is up or it has an improperly installed hydrofoil. Can you post some pics of the stern ?