Worth Anchormate ll

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone use the Anchormate ll ??I installed one last year on my 14' Jon.Put the crank at the rear so I don't have to go up front to drop an anchor and bow mounted the piece the anchor gets pulled up into.I use a 15# river anchor and it is supposed to be rated for 18#.It did seem to be pushing it with the 15# anchor.It worked ok last year and now this spring it is slipping when cranking it up.Anyone have issues with this?

Don Hansen

Petty Officer 1st Class
Mine's been pulling up the 18 lb anchor on my boat for 35 years. Put in some small pulleys, the kind used for cable steering, along the gunnel to guide the rope. Except for the crank knob falling off (my neighbor has a wire welder) have never had a problem. Sure beats crawling up to the bow to lift the anchor.

DLH

Does the release return to it's normal position? Maybe the return spring broke. You can take the unit apart I just don't remember how far.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yes the do come apart and you can buy replacement parts for them. Search on line for a manual and it will show you the breakdown view of it. JMHO

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did take it apart and nothing broke in in it.Just slips.I think the spring that grips as you turn handle is slipping?It seems the top spring is what tightens down as the handle is turned on the spool.I think that is the issue?They don,t make things like they use to I guess....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I did take it apart and nothing broke in in it.Just slips.I think the spring that grips as you turn handle is slipping?It seems the top spring is what tightens down as the handle is turned on the spool.I think that is the issue?They don,t make things like they use to I guess....

Maybe a good cleaning to make sure there isn't some grease allowing the spring to slip. I had a couple of them years back and never had any issue with them. I even disassembled them to refinish after they started look rough. :noidea:

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
I watched a Worth video on YouTube and they put grease on the springs at the factory.Going to call them to get a part if I need it.

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Called Worth today and explained my issue.They were ready to sell me new springs, but after talking for awhile they offered to send me new ones since it is less than a year old.Hopefully this was a one time thing.

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just got my new springs from Worth free of charge.I did notice where the top brake spring is attatched it is painted and the video they have on YouTube shows them not having paint at this contact point.Not sure what's up with that.Wondering if that is an issue?Tried calling today at 2:30 eastern time before re-installation and they are closed.Poor customer service to be closed that early on a Friday.I did put it together and it does not slip now.I think the issue is with the brake spring and not the axle spring.I still do not think it will last more than another year with this 15# anchor.Just my opinion.Will call Monday to ask about the paint/no paint issue.

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
UPDATE #2 : I got hold of Worth again about the paint on the spool and axle assy. and how it may affect slipping on these.Thye advised me it could cause slipping and they had changed this a few years ago.They do not paint these areas on the spool and axle assy. anymore.They are sending me a new axle assy. and a new spool assy. free of charge.I would have never known this without the video on YouTube of them building one.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
UPDATE #2 : I got hold of Worth again about the paint on the spool and axle assy. and how it may affect slipping on these.Thye advised me it could cause slipping and they had changed this a few years ago.They do not paint these areas on the spool and axle assy. anymore.They are sending me a new axle assy. and a new spool assy. free of charge.I would have never known this without the video on YouTube of them building one.

Never hurts to contact customer service. I've had lots of good things happen with using customer services.

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Here is the new parts minus the paint.Hope it corrects issue along with the new springs they sent.Surprised that thye just did not tell me to get the paint off myself.Good service from them.

Attachments

• photo264781.JPG
    photo264781.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo264782.JPG
    photo264782.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 0