Magnetic drive A/c / heat pump not kicking on

Sjones2105

Recruit
Hey everyone, so I have a 95 chaparral signature 270
My ac/ heat " water pump" was broken. I was in the engine compartment and I accidentally stepped on the nipple on the housing. I recently replaced the housing .

The pump is a magnetic drive Pump. The pump ran fine. Now it's like the pump won't run. At least I don't think it is I tried to feel a vibration or noise from it and I'm getting nothing . So, I opened the seacock, took the hose off the pump and theirs water flowing. I put a hose to the outside of the boat. There what water would come out. That's how I have primed it in the past. Than realized that it didn't seem like the pump was kicking on. When I turn the AC on the can kicks on and the electric control inside work. It just doesn't seem like that pump is kicking in.. after a few min I get a ( ps to high ) message and it shuts everything down. It's been a little over a year since I had it working.

alldodge

Staff member
First check for power at the pump. Then take a shop vac and place it on the exit port where the water comes out. Once the vac starts sucking water see if it continues.

Sjones2105

Recruit
Thanks, I'll do that today. On a magnetic pump would I hear/ feel it running when I touch the pump it's self? I'll bring a shot vac down today. I'm not to sure how to check power to the pump though. Imtheirs no exposed wires...

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks, I'll do that today. On a magnetic pump would I hear/ feel it running when I touch the pump it's self? I'll bring a shot vac down today. I'm not to sure how to check power to the pump though. Imtheirs no exposed wires...

I do believe there would be some kind of motion being felt. As for measuring power, trace the wires back to where they connect. If power is there, might need to bet into the pump to find connections. Take a pic and post, maybe we can figure it out

Sjones2105

Recruit
The boat just sat so long that the seacock inlet on the bottom of the boat was dirty and wasn't letting water flow in as much as it should have. Just took the boat out and ran it around the lake a bit.