New Tahoe Q5i Sport Owner and New to the Forum

MarvC

Recruit
New boat owner here and first post on the forum.
Several months looking for well cared for boat that would fit the family’s budget and have room for my wife, Yorkie and grand kids we came across a mint condition low time 2009 Tahoe Q5i with the MerCruiser 4.3L drive. The test drive reveled no mechanical or structure issues.
Rather excited we picked the boat up last Saturday and have made three uneventful runs with the Tahoe.
The maintenance manual for the engine and drive components was included but there is no operators / maintenance manual for the boat itself.
I would at least like to purchase spare fuses but really don’t have a clue where the fuse box (if any) exist.
I know there is a 15 amp fuse in the engine compartment somewhere, a manual would help immensely.
I have searched the net and visited Trackers website looking for a downloadable PDF if one exists. Could someone point me in the right directions other than purchasing one of a downloadable PDF file?

Advice from the veterans of the forum is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MarvC

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
Welcome aboard! Get ready to post up some pics for us. I believe your story, but some of these other guys will insist it didn't happen until we see the photographic evidence, lol!

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
check under the helm for a fuse panel, thats where mine is.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Welcome! I am sure the summer can't come soon enough for you! I second the comment on fuses being under the helm. If not there, check around where the battery is hooked up.

Usually boat manuals just have a bunch of safety things. Not much that is specific to the boat. The engine and drive manual is really the one that you need -which you said you have.

lineman09

Petty Officer 2nd Class
congrats on the new boat .. its always exciting to get a new toy .. have fun and be safe ...

Maclin

Admiral
Brochures sometimes have the type of info you are looking for maybe.

That is how I found out on my boat how:
1.) the back seats "worked"
2.) the fuel tank size
3.) that the Coleman Cooler included with each boat to fit a custom compartment up front had a loose lid, no hinges (that was AFTER I bought replacement hinges on eBay!) .

This was on a 2002 model boat, their site had lots of years covered. An owner's site had scanned and archived a bunch of factory brochures on my brand. Maybe a dealer somewhere has some leftovers, or heck eBay may even have scans of those offered.

MarvC

Recruit
Thanks to all who provided a starting point with the new boat.
I'll have more time to spend researching for those items of necessity this weekend.
We live in the Cedar Hill, Texas area only a few miles form Joe Pool Lake, the boat is kept on the West side of the lake in a enclosed covered dry storage facility with the boat ramp less than a mile from the facility.
We have several friends who have much larger vessels than ours on Lake Dallas, we plan on coupling up with them on the weekends.
I'm retiring in a few weeks, it was a toss up between a Piper J3 Cub or a watercraft, due to budget cap the purchase of a boat won out. At least the trim is J-3 Cub yellow, which I really like!
A few photos of the new addition to our family.

MarvC

Maclin

Admiral
Cool! We are in Denton, go to Ray Roberts mostly. The boat I just bought was slipped on Grapevine. I like the yellow too :)

jkust

Rear Admiral
My boats all have/have had circuit breakers not fuses located under the Helm console so no replacement fuses needed. Generally, as mentioned above, the boat specific manuals don't have a ton of info that you can't google but the engine manual and possibly the manual for the controls and trailer may have some useful stuff. Further, each of my boats has also had an available parts diagram that diagrams every single piece and part of the boat which can be handy if you are searching for just about any part or piece on the boat and in there it gives you some lesser known specs.