My pre-launch progress (several projects)

boatman37

Lieutenant
Well got the boat out from underground storage a few weeks ago. re-installed outdrive, installed battery charger and new alternator before i took it to the canvas shop. Picked it up yesterday morning to find this....

old top

new top

new sunbrella camper top!!!

boatman37

Lieutenant
Today I installed the new belts on the P/S and alternator so that is done A few weeks ago I ordered a 3M Eraser wheel and got busy with that today....

used the eraser wheel to remove the cracked stripe above the rub rail. when i tried to buff it last year that stripe kept streaking blue everywhere when i touched it and it was all cracked at the front on the bow anyway

2-3 hours later...

the eraser wheel was awesome. i didn't start this until about 4:00PM and only planned on doing a small section to see how it worked but it came off so easily i finished the whole starboard side. still have to do the port side but might have to order another eraser wheel as it is wearing faster than i had anticipated. still need to wet sand and buff above the rub rail. hopefully that is next weekend, last year i did below the rub rail and it still looks pretty good so maybe just a light buffing to clean that up.

boatman37

Lieutenant
other projects planned in the next few weeks....
1) today ordered a stainless anchor pulpit to mount to the bow
2) bought a new hour meter and left it hooked up to the battery in the garage for a few weeks to get the 600 hours that was on the old one...lol. want to mount this one in the dash so need to cut out a spot and connect the wires. want to do a test cut on a piece of acrylic or something similar first though.
3) finish buffing and waxing whole boat
4) try to remove the rest of the bottom paint that is showing on the sides. last year had a dock neighbor ask if those were patches in the fiberglass...lol. looking for ideas on getting that off. i tried sanding and that works but it is a small area and hard to sand without hitting good bare fiberglass so not liking that idea.
5) move my depth sounder transducer. long story but broke the tabs on mine putting it on the trailer last fall so want to move it over so it isn't in line with the bunks
6) hope to sand and re-do some of the teak

and if i get all that done then who knows what else...

i will try to post pics of progress

dpoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bet you really like that extra head room under the top! I also think that removing that stripe really cleaned up the boats looks.

boatman37

Lieutenant
Thanks. I didn't mind the stripe but it was all cracked pretty bad. and the head room is nice too

boatman37

Lieutenant
well over the weekend i replaced my broken VHF antenna and mount (long story). wife wanted a new stereo and speakers so installed that today too. got the hour meter installed in the dash but still have to connect the wires. glued my broken transducer mount and reattached it to the transom with 4200. and did a little wet sanding where the stripes were trying to get rid of the ghosting. hope to finish hooking up the hour meter, oil change, and outdrive oil change by mid week and then just have to finish the sanding/buffing and waxing

boatman37

Lieutenant
haven't had much progress. been raining for a week now. i did get the hour meter in the dash and all hooked up and working. tried soldering a new end on my new VHF antenna but my soldering iron sucks so might just go back to the solderless screw on one i had on it before. still have to change oil, outdrive oil, and was/buff/wax. now if this rain would just let up

boatman37

Lieutenant
well here is the new hour meter mounted in the dash and hooked up. ignore the mess around it. it has been raining like crazy so i hooked it up and left it.

also, changed engine oil and outdrive oil today. fired it up to warm the oil and it fired right up. this pic is with it running. i installed a new alternator over winter and it reads about 12.5. it used to read 11.5 so this alternator puts out a little more than the old one. haven't checked actual output yet though.

boatman37

Lieutenant
still at it here. i changed the cigarette lighter. not that we smoke but its there and didn't work so fixed that and can use it as a phone charger or whatever. still buffing away. interior is done erxcept a little more cleaning. hoping to head to the marina friday or saturday so it will be a busy week for me

boatman37

Lieutenant
spent the past week buffing and waxing. last year i wet sanded with 800 grit below the rub rail and buffed with presta gel coat then waxed with meguiars flagship. this year i only waxed below the rub rail. no buffing or sanding. i removed the blue stripe above the rub rail and wet sanded that area then buffed with presta super cut then presta gel coat then waxed. getting a little better every year so hoping next year looks like a mirror.

boatman37

Lieutenant
finished up the waxing today and mounted my new anchor pulpit. i have pics but it has been a long day and its late. try to get them up tomorrow