Make and model

Lcp-angler

Cadet
Can anyone tell me what make model this boat is guy says its a 1989 citation with a 4.3l trying to find out some information about the manufacturer

Attachments

• photo263279.png
    photo263279.png
    478.2 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Its a 28yr old boat. Its actual condition will be much more dependant on maintenance and past care then who made it or how good (bad?) they made it.

What info are you looking for?

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looks like it might be a 1900? According to most Google results, they often came mated with an OMC Cobra drive. As a consideration, OMC parts are hard to source. Their merger with Volvo Penta wasn't until around 1994 or so. As jbcurt said indicated, condition is everything however.

Are you going to do the service on it? Finding someone to service an OMC might be difficult.

1989 Citation by Sea Pro Boats 1900CC Cuddy Cabin
Stern Drive & Inboard Boats

MSRP:
lock.gif

Configuration
Beam (width):7'8"
Boat Type:Day Cruiser
Draft:30"
Engine Horsepower:175
Engine Type:IO
Hull Material:Fiberglass
Length:18'11"
Net weight (lbs):2195

Lcp-angler

Cadet
Thanks for the info I am having a very tough time deciding between this boat and a 21' Larson cuddy with a 305 v8 this boat has a 4.3l v6 both boats are in OK shape I definitely like the setup of the Larson way more but there are a couple bugs with it that had me gun shy I think all in all I have decided what I want to be able to do with the boat and the Larson is a much better fit for the kind of use I'm looking at only real issue with the Larson is the transom has some delamination started on the inside but I am more than willing to put a transom in it just because every thing else is in great shape and the setup is better than what I was hoping for absolutely perfect for the fishing/camping I do

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I know boat prices change with location, but have you shopped around a bit? $2,500 for that boat where I live (South Carolina) is about $2,000 too high.

Have you looked over the sticky at the top of this section - new boat buying checklist? It should give a list of several inspection areas.