drain hose

wil141

Seaman Apprentice
once again hope i'm in the right place to to ask this question i have a 2000 bass tracker pro team 16'5 just wondering if someone could tell me how to replace the drain hose coming from live well i cant seem to find anywhere to get to it thanks for your help

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
When they build them, they assemble the darn things, then close up the access to them. Sometimes you have to add an deck plate to the area you need to get to.
​When pulling the old hose, tie a good string to the hose to pull the new hose back through, if the old hose is attached in unseen places, well.....hope you figure it out.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I had to replace the livewell plumbing in a forester a few years back. ended up taking all the upper decks out. livewells are screwed to deck, plumbed and whole assembly is dropped into boat with the drain being connected as they lower the whole interior of the boat

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Why do you have to replace the drain hose? It is rare that the drain hose on a livewell has to be replaced. If it's not draining it may have a clog somewhere which can usually be cleared. If it's draining into the boat somewhere then you have a problem. What the problem with the hose?

wil141

Seaman Apprentice
i'm getting a little water in the boat so trying to look at all possibilities i've checked everything else

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Plug the drain hole on the outside of the hull and fill the live well with water. See if the water stays there or leaks out. That will tell you if the drain hose is leaking, or not.

wil141

Seaman Apprentice
thanks drs4164 i give that a try thanks to all you guys tor you help

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
The leak could be a number of places. As stated plug the hose and pour water in to see if you get any water. Or take the boat out and don't use the live well and see if any water. Other sources - the live well intake hose. Also where the outboard is bolted to the transom. This is actually a common leak spot on Alumaweld boats. Also on heavy gauge aluminum boats small stress fractures sometimes happen on the bottom. They are hard to spot but a careful inspection under your boat and you may spot one. They can leak very slowly or a gallon or more an hour.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Also check the splashwell drain tubes. There should be one on each side of the transom. Plug them and fill the splashwell above the drain tubes. Check the inside of the transom for any water leaking in.