Leaking Window Sea Ray 268 Sundancer

dpostman21

Seaman
I have a 1987 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer window on the port side has a small leak. This look like a bit of a design flaw due to the windows bearing the weight of the deck but there is not much I can do about that. My gut tells me the only way to "possible" fix it is to remove the window and replace any gasket (if I can find them) and reseal.

The leak is relatively small a night of rain sitting out in the driveway will wet about 6-8 inches of the carpet on the hull by the window. This has left its mark on the cabinet door underneath window. My initial thought was to use some marine silicone around window but I am thinking that's a band aid fix and it might not even work.

Any thought/ suggestions? I have never removed windows from a boat but I am pretty handy. Thanks in advance!!!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
pull the window out of your 30 year old boat, disassemble, clean the glass / gasketd, re-assemble and bed in with 3M 4200 UV stable.

depending on who's windows sea ray used, you may be able to get new seals. frame to hull may be a gasket, however is usually a bead of sealant.

dpostman21

Seaman
Thanks!!! Never pulled a window out of a boat but that seems like the best thing to do.