Custom swim deck

Trackertrucker

Seaman Apprentice
Just tossing the idea around of making a custom swim platform for my 1987 Rinker V180. Didn't know if anyone has ever done this, has the one step off to the one side, I'm always worried about the kids slipping off of it and cracking their head on the outdrive. Just looking for inspiration I guess. Thanks in advance

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Current boats tend to have a high deck that goes over the drive and then people or boat companies add and extended, lower deck off the back of that so that you are closer to the water. Go to the boat shows and you will see this setup. If your Rinker is an '87 it should have a fairly straight transom so I think it is doable.

Trackertrucker

Seaman Apprentice
The more I look at the back of my boat, the transom is pretty straight forward, however if I were to mount a full width platform I'm thinking the center of it would have to hinge up to let the outdrive tilt if it's mounted at the height of the current one. I think it's completely doable too that's why I keep looking at it and thinking. 🤔

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
This is what my old 1987 Rinker V190 had from the factory. The outdrive was fully functional.
HPIM1494_zpsdbe7195a.jpg

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am scrapping a Rinker v-190. It has a platform like the pic DRS showed. I am in Ohio. I will get a pic later today and send to you.

Trackertrucker

Seaman Apprentice
Well after looking through some ideas I think I have a plan, probably putting this off till fall now though since it's almost lake time. Spent the weekend restoring all of the teak on the ole girl. Looks pretty nice. Thanks for all the suggestions