Jack Plate that doesn't interfere with Hydraulic Steering???

bighermHK45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am looking to install a manual jack plate so it will be easier to raise or lower outboard to fine tune performance. As it is right now, I have to stand on my head and contort my body to reach the bottom bolts under the splashwell.

The issue I have been reading about (with a jack plate installed) is when the outboard is trimmed up, the angle of dangle has changed and it will now make contact with the hydraulic cylinder fittings or the cylinder itself.

I am not trying to gain 3 mph on top end or anything like that. Nor am I am I looking to spend $$$ on an hydraulic jack plate. I know my boat's limitations and I am not trying to outfit it with something it doesn't need.

I am simply trying to make it easier to adjust or take the motor on an off as needed.

The boat is an aluminum '99 Monark King 190 with a stepped transom and Mercury 125hp.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• monark transomv2.jpg
    monark transomv2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How often do you have to contort yourself to get to the lower clamp bolts? Seems like a lot of work for doing a motor raise or lower.

It doesn't appear that you have hydraulic steering now. Planning on adding it? The cylinder can interfere in any installation, not just a jack plate.

bighermHK45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
How often do you have to contort yourself to get to the lower clamp bolts? Seems like a lot of work for doing a motor raise or lower.

It doesn't appear that you have hydraulic steering now. Planning on adding it? The cylinder can interfere in any installation, not just a jack plate.

The picture is not of my boat. That is all I had available to post to give you all an idea on what I am working with. As far as how often I get at the motor bolts... one time is once too many. I have to remove the rear deck in order to be able to squeeze my shoulders down in the splashwell/bilge area.