1992 chris craft 252 owners manual

Jolenrolson

Cadet
Hi all! I recently bought a 92 chris craft 252. It didn't come with the manuals for it and all its equipment. Chris craft was sold after my boat was made and they don't have it archived supposedly. Got any ideas where I could get them?
Thank you

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

unlike cars where there is both an operators manual and a service manual, boats dont get anything like that

the original boat "manual" is a safety brochure showing that the pointy end is the bow and the flat end with the propeller is the stern, where the steering wheel is, and a list of dealers. pretty much it. usually printed on a single 8.5 x 11" piece of paper with a few folds in it.

in addition to that, the driveline (Mercruiser, Volvo, OMC, etc) manuals, the radio manuals etc are provided.

for the motor/drive manuals and brochures, you can go here: http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html

what specific information are you looking for?

Also, since 1992, Chris Craft went thru a few owners and moves. doubt very much that they would have anything that old.

Jolenrolson

Cadet
Thank you Scott for the reply. Im mainly looking for an operation manual. electric system, how everything runs. How the batteries should be hooked up, inverter system, how to run all its tanks pumps, blowers etc. all that sorta thing. There's got to be something that came with that boat to explain all its systems and features?

Jolenrolson

Cadet
I've got the motor/stern book and parts book for that side of it. Just everything else I'm clueless on

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I woul have the local marine mechanuc give you a hand. You can google most of your equipment