Baja Hotshot(Outlaw)

Mississippi210

Recruit
Was looking for information on a 1995 20' Baja Hotshot now known as an outlaw. Ive scoured the internet looking for people who have owned/experienced these boats and come up empty handed, now ive looked at nada but I really don't trust their pricing scale just curious if anyone has seen a ballpark price/worth value for a boat like this? It has a 4.3 mercruiser in it and is in good condition. If anyone has some input on this model id gladly listen. Thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard!

The value of the boat is really kinda' what your market will tolerate. Craigslist in your city or similar cities not too far away will be the best guide to help you gauge. Boats don't really hold or gain value like cars might, they really lose value rather quickly. Condition determines if the price of the boat is really worth paying.

In my area a 20' (almost doesn't matter who made it) that's 20 years old will be a few thousand bucks in good shape. 4.3 won't help the value out that much.

Mississippi210

Recruit
Welcome aboard!

The value of the boat is really kinda' what your market will tolerate. Craigslist in your city or similar cities not too far away will be the best guide to help you gauge. Boats don't really hold or gain value like cars might, they really lose value rather quickly. Condition determines if the price of the boat is really worth paying.

In my area a 20' (almost doesn't matter who made it) that's 20 years old will be a few thousand bucks in good shape. 4.3 won't help the value out that much.

​Thanks! yea ive been looking around and it seems like older boats around that and older are running in the 5grand plus range if they aren't falling apart. This one the guy is asking 7500 and is in Minnesota and Wisconsin areas

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its a 22 year old boat. condition will determine price. I would be concerned about stringers, deck and transom on a boat that old

Minnesota and Wisconsin are higher in price than say the St Louis MO / Iowa area by about 20% this time of year

for 7500, that boat would have to have been garage kept, wiped with a diaper and have an impeccable service record

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
In my area that would be a good price if it is in great condition that is. Around here if the condition is good the boat is expensive compared to other areas, but if it is slightly bad it is near worthless.

jkust

Rear Admiral
A 22 year old, specialty boat that has a pre-vortec v6 in a boat know for cheap speed and v8's in a lower echelon of boats. Even in severely overpriced MN, that price would seem out of bounds. I'm in MN and the boats here are generally priced much higher than other regions of the country. Many times the same boat several years newer in a southern state will be priced the same or cheaper than boats in MN.

Mississippi210

Recruit
Yea I thought so also that it was up there in price just wasn't to familiar with the boat and see Bajas selling for decent cash figured I'd get a second opinion

jkust

Rear Admiral
Yea I thought so also that it was up there in price just wasn't to familiar with the boat and see Bajas selling for decent cash figured I'd get a second opinion

I generally see Bajas (the small ones with a 5.0MPI or a 350MAG MPI) selling for what would seem to me as a lower price than the equivalent bowrider in as much as you can compare different classes of boats. I just assume that there is a smaller demand and hence a lower used price tag put on them. They strike me as your third or fourth boat out on a lift in front of your place not the go-to daily driver. If you can really call a Baja a go fast boat (which it really isn't), the folks that I know that have go fast boats take them out one or two evenings per week and use their other boats throughout the week.