Re-naming a boat, yay or nay.

REN3G8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Anything that makes your wife want to be involved enthusiastically is what you must do! You may be the Captain but she is the Admiral.

Nailed it!

We never named our little tinnies or runabouts - but our express cruiser had a name on it when we got it. I started thinking about it, peeling off old name stickers, then messing around with them to see how one of our name ideas might look. And it stuck, so did the rearranged letters. So we did a little ceremony (for fun). and have just gone boating ever since. It certainly was not as elaborate as JoLin's ceremony, but we hit the high points. Every once in a while I think about getting some nicer lettering made, but other stuff comes up...

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Thank you, I read your response.......
Others have said:
"Boating should be fun. If it makes you happy, do it"
"Any excuse to have a beverage with friends"

This is not a serious thread....its merely happy banter among people that have a common interest. I doubt that anyone anywhere fears characters from Mythology......LOL.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to flame another boater for a happy thread like this.

In any event...here's a recommendation....
Anyone that is a boater should watch "Percy Jackson and the Olympians...The Lightening Thief". It was required reading in my Wife's 12th grade class. Percy is the son of Poseidon.

On a more serious note...my buddy's girlfriend made him remove his ex-wife's name from his boat and since then nothing good has come to him on the water. That in itself would make me follow the "rules".

Let's ALL just chill out...

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anything that makes your wife want to be involved enthusiastically is what you must do! You may be the Captain but she is the Admiral.

So true. I still can't believe she let me buy the boat. She can name it whatever she wants. Win Win!

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Others have said:
"Boating should be fun. If it makes you happy, do it"
"Any excuse to have a beverage with friends"

This is not a serious thread....its merely happy banter among people that have a common interest. I doubt that anyone anywhere fears characters from Mythology......LOL.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to flame another boater for a happy thread like this.

In any event...here's a recommendation....
Anyone that is a boater should watch "Percy Jackson and the Olympians...The Lightening Thief". It was required reading in my Wife's 12th grade class. Percy is the son of Poseidon.

On a more serious note...my buddy's girlfriend made him remove his ex-wife's name from his boat and since then nothing good has come to him on the water. That in itself would make me follow the "rules".

Let's ALL just chill out...

Yes, i agree. And after that last comment, We will be following the "rules". Thanks

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So this is what we're thinking. She likes Wake n Bake. She's a total kronic. I like Happy Hours, I'm more of a Beer kinda guy. Which one do you like? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
So this is what we're thinking. She likes Wake n Bake. She's a total kronic. I like Happy Hours, I'm more of a Beer kinda guy. Which one do you like? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
So she LET you buy the boat? It would be right then to name it after her. What a better way to thank her!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
And Wake and Bake isn't a bad name... I'm starting to think that letting her name the boat is a good idea, too.

Maclin

Admiral
I agree, you are heading down the right path there superfets! Wake 'n Bake is pretty unique to you guys it seems, friends will get it and smile when they see that I bet..

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Back when we were dating, I bought my wife an 18 foot bow rider. She named it, even though it's small.
6DD6823A-8A7A-44CE-83F3-BC492AF98F46_zpsj8vban48.jpg

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
She has chosen Happy Hours as the name of the boat. I see many happy hours in the garage before ever getting in the water. Now i just got to get that 3 liter put together, rebuild the carb, new plugs, rotor, distributor, oil, filter,,, then installed and tuned. As well replace the bellows, shift cable, u-joints, gimbal bearing. And who knows if any of the gauges work. She's definitely going to want music. Aye, and spring is coming up fast.

Cheers and happy boating!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There's a cabin around here with the same name..... People like to name their cabins for some reason.....

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I never heard of naming a cabin, but many around us name the property the cabin is on. Ours is located on the highest peak in the western part of the state, miles away from any city or lights. Our camp is "Starry Mountain".

A boat on my canal is named "Happy Ours", another play on words...

(If you name a cabin and then change the name, what's the procedure and which mythical beast do you have to invoke?)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
(If you name a cabin and then change the name, what's the procedure and which mythical beast do you have to invoke?)

You have to make an offering to Sasquatch.............. But, is he mythical????