1957 FDR Alumacraft Restomod

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpeters9244

Recruit
I was married to a bonafide boat-aholic for 36 years. He recently passed away & left me w/his latest project -- a 1957 FDR Alumacraft w/a Mark 55A Kiekhaefer Merc operational outboard and custom diamond plated trailer. He raced hydros back in the day - Ed wasn't a purist when it came to this particular boat. He did some modifications for sure. His vision was a mix of vintage & fast. I have decided to sell it but have no clue what it's worth! Could someone give me a ballpark figure or know of someone who could? That would be very helpful. And where does one sell a vintage boat like this online? I hate the thought of it baking in the Az. sun - I know this boat is way cool. Someone needs to enjoy it as much as Ed did.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome Peggy

It looks like Ed did nice work, but you may need to find a particular buyer that likes/wants a vintage boat redone the same way Ed saw it.

Perhaps Dan, Vintin, who has several 50s Alumacrafts can help price it. His are more strictly vintage, but he might have an opinion...

I'll also share this w a guy I know in AZ, he might be helpful w either pricing it for sale of helping you find a buyer.

edpeters9244

Recruit
Thx very much for replying jb- can Dan@Vintin be reached through the feathercraft.net site? After doing lots of searching, that's what I came up with. I'm in new territory for sure on the boat blogging stuff, as well as MANY other things in this new chapter of my life. J

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sounds like you amd Dan connected. I never heard back from Thom, in AZ.

Good luck w your sale.

Ned L

Commander
I hope she will continue to bring happiness to your family for a good while more.

LK_Shastina

Cadet
Dang it Peg. Your photos have gone and shamed me into refitting my Alumacraft FD this spring, rather than just keeping it running and floating well year by year. Thanks a lot. 😉

You asked what it might be worth . I can't help you there. Mine is pretty much worthless, because I wont sell it. I couldn't replace it for what I'd get for it. Besides, It's reliable, paid for and isn't a money pit (and at the moment, matches my Ugly Stick). Alumacraft FD / FDR models were built to be durable utility boats, not fancy polished trailer / dock queens like, say, a Feathercraft. Hope you'll keep yours. That thing should pull some kids up on a knee board or tow a tube just fine, even a double skier. Or just buzz around for fun on The River. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.