Need some advice and part numbers for a new thru hull washdown

vetting

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've searched but cant find the information I need. I fish on the great lakes and getting tired of reaching over the side for buckets of water to wash down the deck after each fish (also dangerous).

I purchased a Jabsco 32605-0092 ParMax 4.0 GPM Washdown Pump - 12VDC 60 PSI.

Do I just go with a 3/4" thru hull and seacock? Should I go bigger?

I planned on glassing in a backer plate on the inside and then bolting down the seacock to that.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Installed the same pump on my last boat.

Go with a scoop type intake to elimate prime issues. A good quality seacock is your friend.

Do yourself a favor and ditch the coil hose in favor of a 5/8 garden hose. Much better performance

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If the pump has 3/4 hose fittings, go the same. If 1/2 inch go with that. If you go bigger than the size of the pump fittings, you will have to reduce the thru hull anyway. Why spend more that ya have to. Installed a few myself and haven't had any issues.

vetting

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I think I narrowed it down now.

3/4 Graco valve
BV-750

3/4 Graco scoop thru hull
STH-750-L

Do most people put the bolts only through the backer plate and glass it in or do they put all 3 bolts all the way through the hull?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Depends on the hull thickness, most of that type are held by the Nut backer on the inside. They are screwed to hull on the outside just to keep them in line. If the hull is thin, I'd go with the bolts all the way through with sealer. Really no need to glass the bolts in.