I need a Fuel tank for my Tri-hull

eterry

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I haven't been on here in a while but you guys always helped me out. Many years ago I bought a Del Magic 15' trihull with a 85hp Johnson. It didn't have a fuel tank just a pair of portable 6 gallon tanks. As long as I didn't go WOT for too long it worked ok, but I had to watch my fuel.
Enter my teen aged nephew; last winter he jumped in the boat to get something and thought the tank was a step. He stepped through it then fell back and landed in the other tank, ruining them both.
I want to find a used 20 gallon or so tank that wont break the bank. I need a boat salvage yard.
Can someone help me out? The dimensions are roughly 10"h X 18"d X 60"w.
Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Check Craig's List. Check the dimensions again, 10X18X60 is about 45 gallons.

eterry

Petty Officer 2nd Class
GA, thanks for the quick reply. I have been combing Craigslist, the nearest ones I've found thus far are around Ft. Worth, over 2 hours away by car. I talked to one guy there who said he couldn't hold it for me while i drove down there.

The dimensions i gave is the size of the hold (?) where the tank goes. I'm looking for something smaller than that, preferably around 20 gallons.

Thanks again.

alldodge

Staff member
Moeller and a few others make them, but your looking around $200 for one

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Marine surpluss in Sarasota Florida ships, and has surpluse NOS in-floor tanks on the shelf. (they buy old stock from all of floridas boat builders)

Or get a few moeller 12 gallon portable tanks

Last edited: