Starcraft Fishmaster??

mjstef

Seaman Apprentice
I am going to try and look at this boat Tomorrow. Guy isn't sure of the year, He is looking for the paperwork but thinks it's an early 80's model. I can't find any others online with that particular decal. Anyways it's a 70 HP Merc with power tilt. Solid floor and it has always been shedded. Supposedly runs out nice but he's a farmer and don't have time to use it. On the water 3X over the last 5 years. Comes with trolling motor as well as a fish finder. Where should i be on price when i make him an offer? I don't want to insult him but don't want to pay too much.

Attachments

• photo258878.jpg
    photo258878.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 4
  • photo258880.jpg
    photo258880.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 4
  • photo258881.jpg
    photo258881.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 5

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Location and condition are key.

Where are you located?
Have a link to the ad?

Around here, somewhere between $1500 and $2500.

Where are you located?

mjstef

Seaman Apprentice
Location and condition are key.

Where are you located?
Have a link to the ad?

Around here, somewhere between $1500 and $2500.

Where are you located?

I'm in Minocqua. Like i posted, Old farmer says it is solid and always shedded. Just could not find one like it to compare it too.....

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I guess I'd offer 1500 tops.
Trailer and boat are functional, but not in the best of condition.

The motor has potential value, if it runs as it should. But if it doesn't run, its just a big anchor.

Boat and motor appear to be 1980-1983 vintage.

Good luck.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The 80's FM models were a side console SS and they sides have half lap sides and half smooth. They had a livewell too. That one appears to be in original condition except for the PD Minn Kota. Original condition boats from the 80's even if kept "shedded" everything inside it will be crispy and needing replaced.

What is he asking for the package? Of course nobody wants to pay more than they should

I've not seen that fish decal before.

fetch

mjstef

Seaman Apprentice
The 80's FM models were a side console SS and they sides have half lap sides and half smooth. They had a livewell too. That one appears to be in original condition except for the PD Minn Kota. Original condition boats from the 80's even if kept "shedded" everything inside it will be crispy and needing replaced.

What is he asking for the package? Of course nobody wants to pay more than they should

I've not seen that fish decal before.

fetch

Seats are 3 years old, Everything else is original. He is asking $2,200 for it. Figured it would need new "flooring" and figured on Nautolex throughout as i keep hearing great things.......

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
$2200 is a little high but not horrible. I'd try for $1500.

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
$2500 on the top end.I spend alot of time on Craigs List looking at WI and MN areas looking for my next project. The whole rig looks like it was taken care of by the owner. There are alot of BEATERS out there for that kind of money. Offer $1800 and work from there.The whole rig has alot of potential.

mjstef

Seaman Apprentice
I'm in it for $2,000. The trolling motor is a Minn Kota Power Drive 50# and it has only been in the water a few times. That itself would likely bring $450 used. The tires are new as well. Came with a spare 70HP motor as well with a bad head gasket. Oh, Has a livewell as well.......

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey as long as both of you are happy with the sale then that's what matters. So many lowballer bottom feeder types nowadays :lol:

southkogs

Staff member
You may not have stolen it from the guy, but you didn't get hosed either. That's a win.

Congrats.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I'm in it for $2,000. The trolling motor is a Minn Kota Power Drive 50# and it has only been in the water a few times. That itself would likely bring $450 used. The tires are new as well. Came with a spare 70HP motor as well with a bad head gasket. Oh, Has a livewell as well.......

Bad head gasket or just water jacket gasket leaking which is common on engines as they age. Most Mercs had the head integral to the block. V 6's were the exception as I recall, way back into the early days of Kiekhauffer. Check the seams where the cover you mention meets the block. If one cover and one gasket it's the water jacket only. If 2 plates and 2 gaskets, you have a head and water jacket cover........as I recall. I think OMC incorporates the water jacket into the head casting so you would have one thick (?" maybe) plate and one gasket. Somebody like Faztbullet would know.