Yamaha Command Link Square Multi Function Fuel Gauge

Riverrat8428

Seaman Apprentice
I have purchased a boat that has Yamaha Digital Square gauges... My concern is that my gas gauge may not be working correctly. When I first turned the key on the guage goes throught the Welcome page etc. But showed 0 fuel available. I added 40 gallons of fuel and still 0 fuel available. I added another 10 gallons and the same... I called the boat manufacture and they asked me to ground the pink wire to connects the gauge to the tank fuel sender. If it reads full the issues is the sender... Gauge did not change. I took a ohm ,meter and measured 126 ohms with the 40 gal added and 113 with another 10 gallons added. I think the sender is working correctly. Reading the Operation manuel it says I should set the fuel tank size so I did to 180 gal. The gauge now says I have 162 gallons of fuel available. 10% safety amount to get home.. My concern is this shouldn't their be a way to see the actual adding and subtracting of fuel on my gauge... But also I notice a bar type graph showing information that I am wondering about, it calls them fuel level segmants. Could that be the mode where I find my gas levels?. I have had great responses here in the past... Hope some one can shed some light on this...... thanks