New Boat?

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thinking about selling my 2010 14.75 Lund, and getting a bigger boat. Looking at another Lund, or Crestliner or Alumacraft.
Any thoughts on problems with any of them?

Thanks
Don

Maranvin

Seaman Apprentice
Sorry don't know much about those boats but by all means plz buy a bigger boat I need help keeping the economy going can't be just me spending!!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Not sure what boat layout or features you want, but also take a look at the Starcraft lines.
They've got a nice 16' and 18' pretty much open boat that has tons of space.

http://www.starcraftmarine.com/showroom/2017/utility/freedom

All the boats you mentioned are good.
Crestliners are good, but handle differently than a riveted hull with external strakes.

There were some years of Lunds, approximates '98 - 2006 ? that had some really bad transom rot, and floor rot, well documented.

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
Three really good choices to begin with. 1st of all assuming that your Lund is in decent shape, you should get top dollar selling it. What is your intended use? Are you buying used or new?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Those are the big 3.... Can't go wrong with any of them. Personal choice. I've always had Crestliners, but that's just me. I like the fact of not having any rivets for one......

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class
My boat is like new, been washed every time I came home, no scratches, winterized every year.
Looked all three, Alumacraft at Cabelas, they won't deal. Boat has three big scratches in the motor housing, scratches in the boat. Boat is stripped down.
Next Crestliner at boat dealer, very nice loaded. But when you set in the seat your knees hit the steering wheel.
Last Lund loaded, very nice boat. None will fit in the garage. Guess I'm stuck with my 2010!
Don